Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 January 2014

Lady Lainey takes the challenge




Well good morning, good morning from LT Towers II ( soon to be reverting  back to its cricket season name of Tykes Towers).

Its a cold, dark, wet morning here and I stayed under the duvet longer than I should have this morning, as a result I am sitting here with soaking wet orange curls and typing like a flipping mad thing!

So what is the challenge that I Lady Lainey have taken up? Well as you know in November I donated to Chris Rushworths 'Movember' appeal, when he grew lots of facial hair to raise money for cancer research and awareness, related to men's health issues. So now he has decided to continue fundraising but for a different cause and has chosen to go 'dry' for the whole of 2014!!!!!

Well Dry January has been a bit of a test here at the Towers, flipping heck how would I  manage all year? ( would I my Aunt Nellie!) So in the spirit of companionship I have,

1. decided to give a little each month of the challenge

2. Give a little more every month that I stay off the champagne

3. Give Chris my complete support even when if I fall off the wagon! ( which is very very likely)


Well done on a great fundraising idea which will benefit 'Save the children'  and if you are interested in making a donation, go along to  http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Rushworth2


Away from fundraising, the Steve Finn debate is still rattling on ( very slow in the cricket journo's life so milk it for all it's worth). Former 'top bowler' of Lady Lainey , Angus Fraser has been saying that Finn has fallen out of love with bowling but that he will regain his form. Hell I would fall out of love with bowling if I got an eight week jolly to Australia!. However to be fair to Finn, he doesn't look to have the form that he had and I wonder to myself why he was selected when he obviously was looking this way prior to the tour.

Well when I run the show, things will be very different!!! hahahaha anyone who knows me well will know the criteria for the selection process!!! And just in case any publishers are reading this, my book  'Cricketers Posteriors' is still  waiting to get a 6 figure book deal!!!!!! #makingcricketmoreinterestingfortheladies


Finally our thoughts and prayers go out to the Button family, after the very sad loss of  John Button. He was a super supporter of his son and last night Jenson tweeted how proud he was to have called him Dad. Tears aplenty when I was reading his tweets.

Its been a sad start to the year for lots of families. Here's to a happier 2014



No comments :