Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 January 2014

Lady Lainey is very flipping busy!




Well I did stay up all night for the cricket and at the lunch break I baked a cake (1.30am UK time). Then went back to England collapsing. And yes Ben Stokes did do well batting but its just the 'Joe Root thing' all over again. How quickly the hacks forget that they were gushing about Joe Root in the same way just over a year ago, and will have done the same with Cook, KP, Bell, Panesar................

....my thoughts are to let Ben develop as a player in his own time, he is 22 and still has years ahead of him if him and will be a great player if he is not 'super elevated' too early! #mythoughtsonly

Anyhoo, After settling down to more of a good hiding by Australia I was listening intently to Geoff Boycott, OK he can be pompous but he speaks as he finds and he finds the whole of the England team ( coaches included) to be in need of a good shake.

England narrowly avoided the follow on and Australia went back in to bat, and although they lost there first wicket at 5.00am ( Warner,16 runs Australia 27-1) and then Watson at 5.20am ( Australia  47-2). Clarke and  Smith went before close of play were they were still put on  140-4. Giving them a lead of  311


Tad cheesed off that  Broad has denied me of the chance to say I told you so by not being seriously 'crocked' this tour!

To be honest when Geoff Boycott said that England do not stand a cat in hells chance of winning, well I am totally behind him.

TMS have been asking for suggestions for England's Man of the Series..........................hmmm let me have a think about that one!.


So what delights does today at the Towers brings. Well I am super flipping busy as ( hopefully ) the  long awaited new bed comes today and I will finally get a good nights sleep.

However that won't be tonight as I am off to spend the evening with Nikki the Naughty, and I may be slightly late in delivering my blog tomorrow if I can't get onto WiFi..#justwarningoinadvance

However there will be no headache as I am totally off the booze for January ( or as long as I can manage) I am 4 days in and judging by the groaning recycling glass bin, going 'dry' has not come a moment too late!!!

And I have decided that I am also going 'dry' all over the cricket season, which means no gulping down copious amounts of over priced, foul tasting wine at The Riveside ( or anywhere else that I happen to be this summer).

So having already baked a cake at stupid o'clock I am off to make some lunch!!! ...........for later!!

Have a great day and a great weekend






No comments :