Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 January 2014

Hurray its F(ryan)day.






FINALLY it is F(ryan)day. Its been a long old week. Mainly due to a terrible start with very sad family news. Then it brightened up mid week when there was a big birthday bash for His Royal Ryanness. Now it is  so close to the weekend that I feel like taking a day off work........................yes really. I know that you all know how much I love to go to super swanky Lady Lainey office, shout at boys, drink copious amounts of coffee and look pretty for 7 hours, but today I just want to pull the duvet back over my head and have a couple more hours sleep!

This is probably due to being up since 3am for cricket. Oh yes indeedy, in fact it is still on in the background as I type.

It seemed to all be starting OK but Cook went for 22 and then Joey Root came in to bat, oh dear, to say he has been having a bad time is an understatement. He was out for 2. Once again asked for it to be reviewed but to no avail.
Bell put on 68 before being run out and then Morgan made 54. England are still in there at the moment but with the score currently (6.12am UK time) 196-5 , lets see how many more we put on .

Mitchell Johnson is back in the Australian squad and this time clean shaven, nearly didn't recognise him.

Some trivia that I found out at 4am this morning. Former Australia and Durham bowler Dean Jones is also a fireman...................yes really that is true. if you don't believe me ask him!!!


Other cricket news is that Scotland beat Nepal by 90 runs in their opening World Cup qualifying match. Captain, Coetzer was happy with the win but knows that the boys can do more! Wow no pressure then!!!



Steve Finn has spoken in his own defence re his lack of performance in Australia. He has stated that he will come back stronger. Well lets hope he does, but will he ever play for England again? ( or get a cracking eight week holiday downunder?)

Nipping back to check on the current score ( 6.30am UK ) England 239-5 looking not to shabby there.


So I now have to pack up the Lady Lainey limo as I am off to Chateau Saltburn ce soir, to have mon repas avec mon soeur,  ( translation.....have a gut bash with my sister). We are also booking the flights for my big birthday bash in Marseilles. And I am getting super bouncy excited about it and its only 10 months away. OMG I may have to start packing my tiaras.


Well with that thought I am running into the 'dressing room' (i.e. one of the bedrooms that I don't sleep in but have filled with 'stuff') to get started on that little job.

I may be late with the blog tomorrow it depends if I have a lie in or not.





No comments :