Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Sheffield here we come!!!



Well it was all stations go yesterday in LT Towers II, as the  excitement was mounting in preparation for the imminent arrival of Pere Noel. Pink Hippo and Teddy Forj got their Xmas hats on and the house got a very thorough cleaning, also lots of 'peeps' passing through with gifts and cards.

Not that I will be in 'The Towers' because I am off to Sheffield to have lots of fun and champagne swilling with besty sister  Dame Didi. Yes we are off to Bramall Lane in about 3 hours!!!!! I am so super excited that I have hardly slept. Well actually the flipping weather has kept me awake most of the night, with lashing rain and howling wind. However once I have twirled my curls and put a bit of slap on you will never be able to tell that I have had about 4 hours sleep.

Talking of sisters, eldest sister Tzarina Katerina  is, as we speak in the Arctic Circle. Yes indeedy. However the other night she missed the Northern Lights by 5 minutes!!!! We are still awaiting news of the sled ride ( they will have to be some powerful huskies!). However wishing her a Happy Birthday for today and hope the she has a great time in the real icy wastes of the North.


Over in Australia things are hotting up ahead of the Boxing Day test. England have called up Scott Borthwick from Champions of the world Durham.  So it looks like his turkey and Christmas pudding will have to wait. James Tredwell from Kent was also on the plane down under.

To be honest this test is the time for England to put themselves back into order. This is where the new England team needs to start to take shape. This is their chance to start to whittle down and fine tune a new and younger team. This is where I should have been appointed to give the team talks.

The Graeme Swann saga continues and to be honest he has left cricket  for good, leaving a trail of damning comments in his wake not really sportsman like, methinks!

So it is time to get ready and head of in the Dame Didi Daimler to 'sunny' Sheffield, Where I will not be going on the 'Sheffield Eye'!!!! ( too blinking scaredy last time) but will be joining in with any carol singers that I can find. And of course I will be partaking in a dash of Christmas Spirit ( probably Captain Morgans Golden Rum!!).

I wish you all a great Christmas Eve and to those of you who are still running around getting xmas pressies.........................you should have started earlier!!!!!!







No comments :