Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Lady Lainey's review of 2013





Well its flipping early here  on the last day of the year and I have been very busy at it......................'at it' being putting together my review of 2013.

So here it is

January

Started with us saying  very sad and tearful farewell to 'Grandma Jean' who had passed away on Christmas Day 2012. We also had snow and freezing conditions. In sport the greatest drugs cheat ever was unmasked. Yes lance Armstrong was named as a big fat fibber!


February

Saw some semblance of normality return to LT Towers II ( whatever normal is!). I was feeling a little poorly for a couple of weeks but put it down to the weather and started to look forward to the cricket season. I also gave up chocolate for Lent. ( because I was really going to go with out choccy for 40 days!!!). and we had more snow, so the Hunters were out again.

March

Saw my beloved Yorkshire take on a new name for their one day matches. we all became   ' Yorkshire Vikings'. we also had Easter at the end of the month, which meant that I Lady Lainey could once again eat ( my body weight) in chocolate Phewww!!!!


April
http://ladylainey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/tales-from-fence.html  gives a full round up of the 2013 cricket season Lady Lainey style!
We were finally approaching the cricket season so all things in LT Towers II took a back seat as preparations began ( flask washing etc). Yorkshire posted a picture on their website of the boys in the dressing room. Who was that lurking in the corner in a pair of purple undies?????? Yes it was his Royal Ryanness and I can tell you that picture made me smile.
We also had a super huge family wedding when cousin The Great Gibson got married to the lovely Diane., even though I was once again stuck down by a mystery virus I managed to get 'tarted' up and party on down!!!.


May

The start of the month  I was still not feeling too well with the lurgy which would rear its ugly head again before the end of the cricket season.. His Royal Ryanness was injured but made a full recovery  and returned to the squad before the end of the month. *huge sigh of relief*
There was also an auction of books belonging to my friend Bruce Ritchie who passed away last October. These books were  either very rare or first editions  and made nearly £250,000
Mr Funky the Chauffeur was 50 ( how flipping old???)


June

was cold wet and miserable and saw I Lady Lainey taking to my chaise longue to watch all the series of '24'. yes I was teetering on the brink of Jack Bauer land ( not quite as mad as Lady Lainey la la land).
I also managed to add another picture to my yet unpublished book ' Cricketers Posteriors' when Lancashire came to Chester Le Street. Oliver Newby was a delight to photograph ( and he didn't even know!)
Durham Police K9 division put on a display the cricket which was wonderful .
And cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo was made Captain of Brimingham City FC!!!!!!


July

Lady Lainey's blogspot celebrated it's 1st birthday. Would you flipping well 'Adam and Eve' it! one whole year of total nonsense ramblings!.
Dame Did and I went off to Oxford for the Memorial Service of our Uncle Joe Robinson and met up with cousin  'Darn Sarf' Robbo and the lovely Sandra. Scorchio did not even come close to describing the temperature  that day!.
My Yorkshire Vikings were 'T20'ing at Chester le Street and that was a 'Ryantastic' evening for me . Not so Mr Funky and Pauly Paul!!.
Count Chriostophe turned 18 and really did become Lord Christophe!
And Prince George of Cambridge was born, I love babies!

August

I Lady Lainey took off back south to former home of London to celebrate the birthday of Comtessa Cruse. Whilst there I managed to spend time with besty friends Zemina and Gary. and then with besty ex Hants bowler friend, Martin Jean- Jacques, where I once again lost track of time whilst stuffing my face on amazing Lebanese food. Fantastic!
I also got very poorly , very quickly with the virus again , lots of high temperatures and heart palpitations and feeling less than Lady Like, I had to get well flipping quickly as the end of August saw me at Scarborough ( Scarbados to us up north!) for the cricket festival which this year was Durham V my Tykes . Its all in here http://ladylainey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/tales-from-fence.html
This turned out to be the best three days I have had in a long time and I made new friends, and photographed cricketers posteriors and laughed A LOT!!!!


September

Woohoo me and the Dame went home to La Belle France to Chateau Didi Deux. A week of fromage guzzling, Gros Plant swilling  and being interrupted by my phone going into melt down as Durham won the County Championship.
Also a week of getting into mad scrapes, having jolly japes and being totally mad! ( no change there then!)
Then back home to starting a 'cricket seasons' worth of house work and nothing to do on weekends!!!!!


October

Saw me lose my voice and any of you that know me will know that this is a complete disaster. Flipping heck how on earth would I manage in Super swanky Lady Lainey office with no voice. The boys had a very quiet 10 days.
The rest of October was dull and boring as there was no cricket.And it was cold!!

November

Yeay!!!! it was the month of the birthday of I Lady Lainey and this year Dame Didi and I went to Durham to see 'Lumiere'. the lighting up of the city, we also met Police dogs Louis and Frank, gorgeous little chaps they were.
We had our 'hip flasks' of 'Moutngay' rum stashed on our persons in case we got too cold! ( well our excuse for lugging round bottles of rum)
Michael Carberry was named in the Ashes squad.And the Test series began.


December

started with the sudden death of 'Grandad' Derek which floored everyone. Christmas celebrations were put on a back burner Although Dame Didi and I did still go for our Christmas sleep over in Sheffield, luckily we had told 'Pere Noel' where we were so we got stocking s and pressies!.
England lost the Ashes and were totally 'pants'
We also attended the funeral to say farewell to Derek. A very sad day.
And now as we are on the brink of 2014. I am donning my besty tiara, fluffing my curls and raising a glass of champagne to you all and wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year.

With love from

Lady lainey

No comments :