Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 December 2013

It's test Thursday




So after Woeful Wednesday and after a sort of decent nights sleep ( slept until 3.45am), today has dawned ( well actually it hasn't yet as it is still flipping pitch black outside) cold wet and with gale force winds. This is not however happening  in Australia where in Adelaide it seems to be a glorious day.......................for the Australians who won the toss and elected to bat, and are currently  249 for 4.

Now there were ( obviously) some team changes, with little Joey Root moving up to the 3rd spot, and with Stokes and Panesar both included but no Bresnan!!!. Well we shall see how these changes affect the game tomorrow. I was pleased to see that Carberry was not omitted even though I think that he played shockingly in the first test, however  he was not alone,the other 10 boys were rubbish too!


The bowling bragging rights go to Panesar, Anderson, Broad and Swann. With Stokes yet to take a scalp.


Just across the water in New Zealand there appears to be a spot of trouble for some cricketers who have been investigated amid rumours of match fixing in 'historic matches'. Theses are former players and the ICC are taking a good hard look at allegations of  both spot and matching fixing. Three have been named in one paper, one of whom only retired last year. Whether these allegations are true or not, I feel that they should not have been named this early. However I am shocked!

Not good news however we all know that this will continue to rear its head, money is the root of all evil, but it does buy nice, shoes and handbags and tiaras and................................

I actually decided not to listen to the commentary as I really need to get some sleep, or I will be so exhausted come Xmas eve that I will not be able to party with Sir Sean of Bean at the Copthorne in Sheffield...................................'what do you mean you can't guarantee he'll be there Didi,?' Probably be 'stumps' for me at 7.30pm then!!!!!

News on 'Fat Fighters' well they have lost a recruit due to stupidity and rudeness, next stop 'Chubby Club' I will lose this weight eventually. Well hopefully by the time I go home to La Bell France in April!!!


Today the 5th of December would also have been the birthday of my Daddy, His Royal Gorgeousness. He would have been 21 again, ( aren't we all?).


 And with that I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office where I am going to have a bacon buttie and flipping massive latte, cos the diet restarts tomorrow!!!!

Bon Anniversaire papa!!!

No comments :