Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 December 2013

It's Sunday




and as the picture shows, what a load of 'balls'!!!!!

'WHY???' I hear you all shouting ( hahaha I am laughing as I type this as anyone reading this will know why).

Well lets start at the beginning....................

.................. went out to party with Babs and Tezza, but was feeling a little under the weather. By the time I had done 'The Timewarp', 'The funky Chicken', 'The Macarena' and many other stupid dances, I was feeling so hot that I thought I was going to catch fire!!!
Then I went freezing cold! then hot, then my nose started to run like a tap and I had a banging headache. ( nothing to do with drink). I came home early, poorly!!!! What a load of balls, I had been looking forward to partying all night!...........................

............................so because I was home early I watched the 'lowlights' of yesterday mornings cricket. Shocking, shabby and sh**e! What more can I say! I then trundled up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire but put the radio on and listened to the complete humiliation of England.

In a nutshell. Australia won!

In a bigger nutshell  Australia won by 8 wickets!

In summing up this 4-0 trouncing by Australia, I have to be kind for once to Monty Panesar who did take Chris Rogers wicket but not before he had put on 116 runs.
Where do England go from here, well I suggest the airport to come home, and get into some proper training. To be honest I think that I could have done better in my 'killer heels' after having a few 'Cockspur'Golden Rums. Yes I know that I am being unkind as there were some valiant efforts  by members of the team. But to be honest even the Captain looks as if he has had enough!

Lets take the team apart and start again, its got to be the only way to move forward to a winning formula.
Bell out for a duck, sums up the fact that England are playing inconsistantly. Michael Carberry, whom 'I luurrvvees' , is a great county player but somehow has not transferred his 'bossy and aggressive' style to Test cricket. KP  still plays for himself and Joe Root has not shown any of the form from last year.

And the bandwagon rolls onto Sydney, for New Year celebrations and then the 5th and final test on 3rd January. 5-0 is looking like it may happen!

A good bit of cricket was played by Jacques Kallis who is on the verge of retirement, he hit an unbeaten 78 yesterday and I think that there are a lot of people hoping that he hits a century in his last test.


I am up and about extra early so that I can take some cold and flu capsules and then retire back to my bed,which is soon to be replaced by the super none squeaky bed which I have been waiting to be delivered. ( delivery Tuesday!!!).
So off to fill my hot water bottle. And by the time some of you are reading this in bed, I will be back in mine too!


No comments :