Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 December 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!





Yes indeedy doody it is, even my 'cricketer boys' aka 'Legs XI' ( even though there are only four of them!) are getting into the spirit of all things Christmassy.

I am sure that once I am safely ensconced in the Copthorne at Sheffield  tomorrow then I, Lady Lainey will start to feel like Christmas is really here!
I was busy yesterday getting soaked to the skin on three separate occasions and will be very surprised if I don't get a stinking cold between now and New Year. Oh well what flipping better excuse to have a few hot toddy's????!!!!!


Oh blinking blimey!!! Graeme Swann been at it again, on Twitter this time, saying some players are 'up their own backsides'. He then tweeted Michael Vaughan (???) to say he was not referring to any England players ( yeah right!!! there are two that I could think of instantly in the England dressing room). Why can't he bow out gracefully instead of leaving a trail of social media 'gaffs' behind.

In my book this isn't doing him any favours!. It makes him look like a sore loser and sometimes keeping silent is the best way.#ladylaineysadviceoftheday

I also think that his decision to go 'just like that' will have a negative impact on the team that are left behind. They are now 2 crew down.

The oracle that is Geoff Boycott, has stated that we need Monty Panesar back in the team. Well he hardly set the field alight in his last outing and to be honest, we need him as much as bouncers in Brighton do!!!


Further news from Dave Newman on the World record cricket net attempt. they have now gone global!!!

They have been given a huge write up by Cricketworld which you can read at http://www.cricketworld.com/world-record-cricket-net-attempt/

The boys are fundraising like mad for Brain Tumour Research, and have even  had donations  from 'Santa' who has been doing the rounds early in Lincolnshire!
They are holding pub quizzes in the local area, so why not  drop in have a pint and donate some money for a great cause.

If I was local I would drop in to add glamour to the occasion ( except if it was raining when I would have an orange afro, not a good look ever!!!!).

And as it is still pitch black outside and I don't have to go to super swanky Lady Lainey office, I think that I will sign off and head off back to bed to read my book!!
What a 'rock n roll' life I lead.

joyeux noel tout le monde




2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Dame Didi here. Hope you have got that hot toddy stuff ready for Sheffield, I could feel a cold coming on myself. Ha ha

Lady Lainey said...

Got my flipping hip flask ready!!!!