Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 December 2013

And that's it until next year!




Yes its all over now until next year...................and I will soon be getting started with the shopping so that I can have it all done by July and then sit back and watch everyone else run around like headless chickens. yes I love Christmas but I hate the hype, price hikes and general overkill. So getting it done early is very appealing to me.

I had a wonderful Christmas with my sister Dame Didi at the Copthorne hotel Sheffield, whose staff have to be the most friendly and courteous I have ever met.Nothing was too much trouble and everything that we needed was catered for ( except Sir Sean of Bean!!)

I was totally overwhelmed by all  my wonderful Christmas  pressies and know that I have been a very lucky Lady. Top of my pressie list was my brand spanking new black matt DAB digital  radio. I also got new boots ( because I really needed a new pair!) and favourite, fabulous smellies from the south of La Belle France, and clothes and kitchen goodies and...........................I could fill this blog and tomorrows with all the wonderful things that I received but I think that by that time you may be bored.

Well Dame Didi also has a jolly stinking cold and has soldiered on even though she has been feeling tres poorly. I have been the besty 'nurse' administering cold and flu remedy and making sure that she is warm/cool depending on her temperature. Hope that she is better before the New Year.

So last night I went off to bed with my new radio, but was so tired that I decided not to listen to the test. Australia won the toss and decided to field. England had not named the team until the last minute  and had added Bairstow and Panesar to the team.  England are currently 226-6 which I would say is not too bad. KP on  67. The scorecard is not really worth going through!!!


Still the 'Swann' thing goes on with certain papers saying that his 'retirement' was  a indulgent, opportunistic and totally selfish surrender'. And we all thought that he was leaving because he was tired of the bandwagon!

No chance he is about to jump onto a more lucrative vehicle!


Today sees footy action up and down the country with

Birmingham travelling to Wigan ( Cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo hopefully on his best behaviour)

The Mighty Whites are away to Blackpool ( chance to have candy floss and fish and chips before they come home?)

And

The Blades are home to Oldham. I know this is true as I was looking at the signs when I was at The Copthorne which is only flipping well attached to Bramall Lane ( which is why it is the besty hotel in the world).


I hope that you all got what you wanted for Xmas, I know that some of us would like a quiet Boxing Day but squeaky toys will be making an appearance again today and probably driving us wild, however remember your best furry friend loves it!


Have a peaceful and restful Boxing Day




No comments :