Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 November 2013

WOOOOHOOOOOO




Woooohoooo today is a super 'biggie' as it is my 500th blog!! Would you 'Adam and Eve'it. 500 instalments of the life of I, Lady Lainey. We've had lots of F(ryan) days, lots of 'Tales from the Boundary' and lots of insights into the life of moi!. However this is not the end it is just a continuation and there is much more to come starting with....................

.......................Happy Birthday wishes to Daddy Rushworth who is 44 today!!! So young to be so grumpy!!!And who will be reading this whilst reclining in bed and wondering where to go for coffee and cake today with Pasha. That's the life! Happy Birthday Joe, I hope that you have a great day.


Oh dear not a great day for Carbs, super fave of Dame Didi,  over in Australia he only managed 4 runs before he lost his wicket! Cook and Trott had both made half centuries before tea, whilst earlier  The Invitation X1 lost their last five wickets for 33 runs. Finn taking three of them ( OK he will be crocked for the test now! the list is getting longer).

And talking about Finn, there is to be a no ball rule brought in next season, for any bowler who breaks the stumps with their delivery stride. Previously a 'dead ball' had been called if this happened, but as the hulk that is Steven Finn, was quite partial to doing this little 'turn' it has now forced a change of rule. I see it now, bowlers having ballet lessons to be lighter on their feet and bowl with more style and grace. The thought of His Royal Ryanness in a tutu is making me laugh so much I may have to take a comfort break!!!!

Also incoming rules, in T20 matches incoming batsmen now have 60 seconds to be ready to bat instead of 90 seconds ( no time for hair and make up then!).

In County matches an extra two points is up for grabs in the event of a hard fought draw.This will mean five points for a draw.

And alternative colours to white may be used for crease markings. This is designed to make it easier for spectators and TV to see. Well how about red, that is Lady Lainey's favourite colour????

The boys in the office are still way off the mark as far as office banter goes, not for the delicate ears of Lady lainey. I tell you the introduction of 'Trill Boy' has been an eye opener for moi. And an eye closer due to the photos he has been showing the office. The two words 'spout'and 'pouch' now fill me with dread!!!

And so today as I ready myself for the big arrival in the morning of HUGE bouquets of white flowers delivered by Sir Sean of Bean, Eric Cantona, Gillespie the Gallant and his Royal Ryanness. I am super flipping excited because tomorrow it is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

A Bientot


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

When I saw the cake I thought it was for your up and coming birthday but nobody is 500!!!

Guess I am taking more of this cricket game in, Carbs is saving himself for something bigger later on, mark my words.

Its relax day for me today, haha is it really I hear you ask, well didn't get out of bed until 7.30 so it must be!!!!

DD