Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 November 2013

Not Monday again!



I don't know where the weekend goes!. Work hard in super swanky Lady Lainey office all week waiting for Friday, race home in super swanky Lady Lainey limo to have a wild old time and then wake up and its Monday!!! And wake up at 4am thinking that you need to tune into cricket, only to remember too late that England lost!

Oh well I read a couple of chapters of my book an now am showered and ready to head off to the freezing cave that is my place of work!.

Well the full reports of England's loss do not look good. A war of words has erupted between Alistair Cook and David Warner, after Warner branded Trott 'poor and weak' and stated that England's batsmen had 'scared eyes'. Cook claimed that these words were 'disrespectful'. Well you know what? I know what disrespectful is, its sending texts to your countrymen whilst playing under the banner of another country. Make of that what you will. #myopiniononly

Even the 'WAG's' have taken a battering form the Australian press, with the wives and girlfriends of the Australians looking impeccably turned out, whilst KP's wife looked as if she had just dropped the children off at school. I know that its not a battle of clothes and style but even the girls need to up their game in the war of words.

Over in the ICC T20 World Cup qualifiers, Ireland made it through after beating Hong Kong, whilst Scotland scraped through after beating Denmark.

Ireland have gone form strength to strength under the coaching of Phil Simmons and have won five of their six qualifying matches. Afghanistan have also qualified in their group. Its all to play for.


It is now just over 24 hours until the 2014 fixtures are posted! I for one am getting super excited and cannot wait to see when My Tykes are taking on champions of the world Durham. I have already bought my new diary ready for an spending tomorrow evening filling in the blank pages from April to September. I hope that they post the 2nd XI fixtures soon too so that I can book some time off to go to Darlington and cheer the boys on.


Finally after a quick trip to Tesco yesterday I felt positively over dressed. I was in jeans and hoodie and trainers, however as I wandered around the fridges, I bumped into a woman out shopping in a 'onesie' and with very evident 'bedhead'. The remnants of the night befores make up was still obvious as was the fact that she was only wearing one false eyelash, Why oh why oh why????? If you can get out of bed, get properly dressed!!!!



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Just want to drop in on that comment about woman in Tesco (hope you were not referring to me by the way!!!)

Whoever thinks in their tiny brain that it is OK to go out in your jimjams. For goodness sake show respect for your fellow human beings and stop being such SLOBS!!!

I also suggest that these people invest wisely in a super Xmas present for themselves - a dictionary - and learn to speak the Queen's English not all this **** text talk!!

Hey, do you think rants are catching?

DD