Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 November 2013

F(ryan)day again.......YIPPEEEEE!!!!




Well its hard to believe that it is F(ryan)day again!!!! Yip de flipping skip, I am so super excited that I am twirling round in my chair like a dervish and its only 5.49 am UK time!!. Had to stop as I feel a little ill, I have just wolfed down my weetabix!.

So why am I so excited, well its not because I am going on the lads night out…………….because I ‘m not, they talk about horrid things in the office, things that my delicate ladylike ears should never hear……………………so I really do not want to see what they get up to after a curry and 20 pints of snakebite.

I am just excited that it is the weekend, who knows what is going to happen, who knows what mischief I will be getting up to, who knows how many naps I end up taking over the whole weekend. That’s as exciting as it gets it appears that my life is on hold at the moment, due to lack of cricket!!(in this country that is)

However England did start their warm up match yesterday………… their first day of the match against Western Australia chairman XI was not a great start.

James Anderson took 1-31 but fellow pacemen Steve Finn (shouldn't have been included), Boyd Rankin and Chris Tremlett ( shouldn't have been included) took one wicket between them for 245!!!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't anyone listen to I, Lady Lainey???????

Funny thing is part time spinner Little Joey Root took 1-32 and All rounder Ben Stokes took 1-56. Hmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cook has a sore back ( sunburn!) Monty Panesar ahs a stomach bug (yeah right!!!) and KP, Swann and Broad have been rested (cos it hard being so flipping great isn’t it!!)

Close of play was 369-4

This is the start of the tour and already they are starting to drop like flies!!! (Hopefully Monty won’t drop his or it could spell trouble!!!). 


There are still lots of signings going on in County cricket. Jason Roy and Zafar Ansari signed new deals at Surrey. Adam Rossington signed a new deal at Middlesex keeping him there for another two years and Alviro Peterson has re signed for Somerset. 



Yesterday  in super swanky Lady Lainey office we had ‘party rings’ to munch on with coffee. Now Job the Jolly and Pony Paul have never forgotten how I scoffed loads of party rings and then went a little bit wild ( sugar rush). So yesterday they were watching and waiting for me to ‘go off’. Never happened!! Had a couple, and then decided that entertaining the boys on a Thursday afternoon was not on the agenda.

So today as I wend my very weary way up the A1 in very light traffic due to the schools being on holiday, I am hoping that my bacon and egg butty will be waiting with a pint of coffee. If not there could be shouting.


just found this wonderful story have a read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2482520/So-loyal-brave-dog-flew-Luftwaffe-awarded-animal-version-Victoria-Cross.html

Bon Journee







2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL
Wished I had read that link tonight, sitting here crying my eyes out. What a great piece.
DD

Lady Lainey said...

thats three of us tearful up to know!

LL