Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 November 2013

Flipping frosty


Flipping heck no wonder I wanted to stay in bed this morning, when I looked out of the window there was frost on the piles of leaves that have fallen all over the 'deer park' here at LT Towers II. It's not completely white but it is definitely frosty!!!

Well over in sunny Australia the home team declared on 451-5 and England went in to have a little bat. Lady Laineys little fave Michael Carberry made  78 with Bell and Trott hitting 115- 7 113. However after that it all went downhill ( or down under!) and they finished their innings on 391. The home team are currently 80-2 with Rankin taking both wickets.

James Anderson has been fined for speeding doing 80 in a 50mph zone in his Jaguar!. It is well documented here in the blog how  I feel about speeding, drink driving etc, as I live with the scars every day.Just to say he was fined £35 and 3 points on his license, which is hardly making a dent in his pocket!!! Not enough!!!
 So best to not climb onto my soap box ( again) and move swiftly on.

In footy today

Birmingham are home to Charlton

Leeds are home to Yeovil

And The Blades are away to Shrewsbury


Good luck to all the boys.


After the piece yesterday about the 'war dog', Dame Didi informed me that she had been crying whilst reading it, well I had been chuffing crying too and I think that other people had a tear in their eye whilst reading it too. Brave dog and wonderful story.

Well it was the 1st of November yesterday and only 2 weeks until the super besty birthday of I, Lady Lainey ( wooho I be 21!). But more importantly there were a lot of clean shaven men around. Why??? Well its looks like lots of men took up the 'Movember' challenge and are going to be growing a 'tache'. Even Bob the mascot of   took up the challenge. 

Also joining in is besty Durham bowler Chris Rushworth. Anyone wanting to donate, go over  Chris's twitter page for details. Good luck to everyone doing it!

So what excitement is going on at The Towers today?

Well think I might start painting my boudoir ready for the new bed........................been saying this for weeks and it still is to get started. oh well better have another gallon of coffee and think about the job in hand.



No comments :