Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 November 2013

Dismal Monday




It is cold dark and wet this morning here at LT Towers II although the scene above is what we are expecting to wake up to before the end of the week!!! For the love of god!! Please no snow. I can cope with most things but snow is a no no!!! It is OK for Dame Didi now that she has had snow tyres fitted on the Dame Didi Daimler. Mind you she needs them living out  in the wastes of North Yorkshire and having to go up and down a very steep valley to get to Chateau Saltburn.I am hoping that the weather forecasters have got it jolly well wrong and we are actually going to have a freak heatwave!!! What happened to global warming,?????I think it bypasssed the North of Blighty.


So over in Australia where it is considerably warmer ( and the Duke of Adelaide is cleaning out the pool) the countdown to the first test is on. James Anderson has backed Jonny Bairstow to keep wicket in the event that Prior is not fit ( so that means he won't be!) Bairstow did well in the warm up match taking seven catches. However they are leaving it until the last minute to make a decision.

It is also reported that Tremlet has been given the nod for a place in the team on Thursday well as I have often said he shouldn't be with the squad and I doubt that he will shock the cricket world if he plays!


Stuart Broad has been chatting to Nasser Hussein ( I bet that was interesting) and saying that all the war of words in the papers in Australia has fired him up even more. well that's OK then as we know that he will be 'crocked' soon and  will have plenty of time on his hands to read the papers.

In the ICC  World T20 qualifier Ireland nudged out UAE in a thrilling five run win over the hosts. Ireland have gone form strength to strength under the leadership of coach Simmons and here's hoping that they continue.


Now that the birthday bash is over for another year, it is time to think about the great Xmas bash in Sheffield. I have the Xmas jumper, I have the champagne, I have the  hotel booked, all I need now is the stamina! Yes I am totally exhausted after a fun filled weekend with Dame Didi and I now have to go to super swanky ( freezing cold) Lady Lainey office and take on the boys!

'Trill boy' has got his Xmas jumper ( he very kindly sent me a picture of it, it is XXX rated and not at all like the super Xmas pudding on Lady Laineys jumper but what did I expcect?????

No comments :