Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Well, Well, Well



So I heard a little rumour a couple of weeks ago and you know me I DO NOT GOSSIP!!! ( well OK not all the time) so I  kept it to myself and then low and behold it is not a rumour. What is it I hear you all asking????

Well I heard that 2014 may well be the last season that Paul Collingwood plays for Durham and yesterday it was revealed on The ECB website, that it may well be. After 68 tests, 197 ODI's as well as captaining Durham to the top of Division one this season , he says that he may hang up his pads.

Now as regular readers will know I am not the greatest fan of Mr Collingwood having witnessed 'strops' and rudeness which do not go down well in my book. However I will not take away from him that he has played a great role in the England and Durham team, and if he does call it a day what will he be doing next............not another TV pundit ( heaven forbid it is torture watching Harmy!!!).

Sadly for Otis Gibson, yesterday Glamorgan announced that their new head coach is Toby Radford. He is currently  assistant coach and batting coach for the West Indies. I personally am gutted that Otis was overlooked however, let the rumour mill roll, is there a place for him elsewhere??????


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH


At the moment it is dark, wet and flipping freezing ( I even had fluffy socks on in bed last night!). So today it will be wise to take an umbrella, wrap up warm and if you can, just stay in the house ( preferably until March). If you have to go out ( or to super swanky Lady Lainey office like me) then wear as many layers as you can without looking like the Michelin man.


Well talking about super swanky Lady Lainey office, would you 'Adam and Eve' it, Trill Boy has only been with us two weeks and has just announced that he is going to be a Daddy in May next year. Flipping heck!!!! Well I am down for baby sitting, I love babies.

And if you are baby sitting today make sure you have three weetabix and get your running shoes on!!

So as I head out into the wind and rain, I hope that you all have a good day.

No comments :