Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 October 2013

Lady Lainey makes a stand



So after lying around on the chaise longue, drinking wine and eating anything that I can get my sweaty mitts on , I,Lady Lainey am making a stand, with just over 5 months until the start of the cricket season, I am going to get fit. Now as you know I have in the past played cricket myself ( coached by the wonderful Harry Latchman, now I know why he went grey very quickly). Its not as if I am hoping to be selected for either my beloved Yorkshire or champions of the world Durham ( but Derbyshire and Surrey might be interested). However lying around all the time moaning about no cricket is not the way forward so, diet and exercise campaign starts today. ( also going out to Chateau Didi in April and do not fancy being harpooned by a passing whaling boat as I float around the swimming pool).

In the world of cricket the England players are trying to negotiate a pay rise which could nearly double their wages and smash through the one million pound barrier. Now I know that footballers earn much more than that. However some of the players are quite young and a 'too much too young' attitude must be looked at. you only have to look at the footballers who earned mega bucks and are now on the drink and drugs pile.
Keep it sensible.

So football today sees The blades travelling to Coventry, its to be hoped that they win!!!

Dane Didi will be glued to the TV now (7.42am )watching the remainder of the Japanese Grand prix, before getting into her racing car and flooring it over to LT Towers II, to cause havoc and chaos  for a couple of hours.

I am not watching it as I do no think that there is a hope in hell of Baron Button getting on the podium, will just check though..........he is in 12th place BUT LH is out and Romain Grosjean is leading!!!! Flipping heck, wonder who he took out to get there???


I thought that I would return to my favourite book of last year, the hilarious 'Bats, Balls and Bails' written by Les Scott.

so today we will be educated with cricket terms....

SWEEP  the funny one in 'The Sooty Show'

DECLARATION  the chance for the team that has made a good total to large it!

 LEG BREAK  to your smug satisfaction, what your friend who went on the skiing holiday you could not afford, comes home with

LEG THEORY theory put forward during the dressing room discussion as to what is physically preferable in a woman

APEAL  what happens to skin on a hot day should you not apply sunblock.

And finally today October 13th

1977 Gareth Batty ( stroppy cricketer) born

1987 West Undies score 360-4 in 50 over game against Sri Lanka ( those were the days!0

1925 Baroness Thatcher was born.

well off to get fit




No comments :