Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 October 2013

Lady Lainey has a lie in



Yes its time to lie in bed and write my blog as I am flipping tired this morning. We had the mother of all storms here last night with thunder and lightning, and torrential rain, my goodness me it was enough to make my orange curls stand on end ( or at the worst turn into an orange afro!).

In fact it has been a pretty grim weekend so good job that I have nothing planned for today..................except for  a spot of shopping and then putting more of my rubbish treasures on eBay to hopefully make a small space here at the Towers.

I India they have not been having a problem with lack of sunshine and as such Australia decided that it was a good day to win.James Faulkner steering them home with a  cracking 64 from 29 balls. He set  a new Australian ODI record when he hit 30 from one over.
The fourth match takes place on Wednesday

In the world of footy.......................................

....................praise be!!!! The Blades won a match, oh yes indeed they did, winning 2-1 against Port Vale.This was their first win since the opening weekend of the season and hopefully puts to bed the woes of the past few weeks.This win has managed to lift the Blades out of the very tightly congested relegation zone.Chuffing good job too!!!

However today is another matter when I, Lady Lainey will have to be on the fence again!! ( flipping heck I will have splinters in my posterior at this rate!!!) as The Mighty Whites take on Birmingham City ( captained by cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo). I am hoping for a draw which will not make the teams happy but will suit me down to the ground. i am also hoping that Rt Hon Hooligan gets through 90 minutes without

1. Getting a card of any colour
2. Getting sent off
3. Getting caught elbowing in the back when the Ref's not looking


In preparation for this big match I am going to watch 'The Damned United' at lunchtime, oh the 'olden days'.

So as I pull the duvet over my head to try to have 40 more winks, I wish you all a Super Sunday and for those of you reading who have been up since the crack of dawn and are now playing 'Run with Meeeee', I hope that you get the chance of a nap this afternoon.


Bon Journee


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL
Over at Chateau Saltburn the weather turned out nice yesterday. Although we had that same storm last night even lost some of "Come Dancing" or whatever it is called.
Today looks to be a good drying day and again I am looking to get washing done and rooms tidy for the arrival of the man to replace door handles tomorrow.
DD