Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 October 2013

Gained an hour???????




Well it is now officially winter, the clocks went back an hour last night and we should all be feeling rested from that...........................yeah right wide awake at 5am ( on my bedside clock which I had forgotten to change) so been up since 4AM!!!!! yes I sure feel rested and there is BIG storm on the way, flipping heck I hate winter!.

Well it was a 'strange' day in LT Towers II yesterday. firstly the tap 'fixed' itself. I went to turn it on and see how little water trickled out, and it fair gushed down the sink ( quick switch off now I am on metered water!), then the new loo seat was the wrong colour. Thank you Tesco Direct!. And then after having a little stroll around Lady Laineyville town centre with Dame  Didi ( that took about 5 minutes!). I came home and was busy doing 'housey' things. well my mobile rang the number was not one that I knew so I answered...


Man  Hi do you fancy going away next weekend?

Lady Lainey ( super excited but no idea who 'man' is) Oh yes please I would love to.

Long silence

Man   Oh sorry I seem to have got the wrong number!!!

oh well I thought, at least I had an offer.

10 minutes later same number rings back


Man  Hi do you fancy going away next weekend?

Lady Lainey ( trying not to sound too eager) Oh yes please I would really like that

not so long silence

Man So sorry I think I have the wrong number again.

Now after relating this story to a friend it appears that I was 'way too easy' and should have played hard to get. Ah well its the man's loss he will never know the weekend he could have had with Lady Lainey.


It's looking good down under as top Tyke Tim Bresnan could well be fit to play in the first test. Bresnan hasn't played since the Durham test where he suffered a stress fracture to his back which knocked him out for the remainder of the season. It's a bit of a 'wait and see' how his back holds up but I for one have everything crossed that he will be fit.

After the 'ball tampering' row yesterday South Africa beat Pakistan to tie the series. This helped South Africa to preserve their seen year unbeaten away record.

And now to footy. Well it was a good day for The Blades who won 3-1 against Crewe. And a good day for their new manager Nigel Clough. he is safe in his job for another week!.

HOWEVER The Mighty Whites lost to Huddersfield so that will have been a miserable drive home. And Birmingham drew with Derby, where sadly 4 yellow cards were dished out to Brum including one to Rt Hon hooligan Robbo. up to his old tricks again!!!


Well the sun is shining and no sign of the predicted storm.............or is this the calm before!!

off to batten down the hatches and get the torches out.

Hope that my electric isn' t knocked out or I might not see you tomorrow!!!!




No comments :