Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 September 2013

Still raining.............




and as such it caused a wash out yesterday at the ODI. Well as said yesterday I hope they had a pencil and paper to play 'Hangman'. and I think that a pack of cards would have been in order.

The groundstaff at Headingley worked tirelessly all morning to try to get the pitch playable. However the rain was never going to let up and  by lunch time the match was abandoned. Today the bandwagon trundles on to Old Trafford ready for tomorrow.

News from former besty home county of Durham is that if Graham Onions is set to play for the Dolphin Franchise in South Africa if he overlooked by England selectors, my advice to Graham, start packing your bag and get some biltong down your neck!!!

Derbyshire sealed a massive victory yesterday after one of their worst seasons. There two wicket win against Somerset lifted them off the bottom of the Division one table and left Somerset and Surrey in relegation places.

Now as some readers may know I Lady Lainey have a couple of tattoos, not your flipping big rearing horse, dragons or Chinese symbols, but quite pretty girly  tattoos ( as one would come to expect from a Lady). So when I saw pictures of Jade Dernbach stripped and displaying not just 'sleeves' of tattoos but a flipping 'shirt' I began to wonder why????? My first though is what will it look like when he is 70 and no longer as fit and muscular as he is now. YUKKY not nice at all. I know each to their own, but .........


After the disgraceful sending home from the Lions tours, it looks as if Ben Stokes may have been handed an Ashes lifeline. My advice. Think about what you may be offered, think about representing your country and think less about how much beer you can swill. Also remember that no one man is a team!


And finally I have to go as Dame Didi is up and dressed and we have to go SHOPPING!!!!


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Had a great shopping spree thanks to you LL.