Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Half way through the week!!!




Well the champions of the World, Durham were in action yesterday and were not doing too well when they were all out for 164. Maybe the fact that they had dropped super polite young man Jamie Harrison had something to do with it, maybe too much celebrating last week , maybe the fact that the weather was very hot down south ( something that occurs infrequently here in the North of Blighty).Maybe just that they are a bunch of tired bunnies as it is the end of the season.
 Whatever the reason this was not a  champion amount of runs in the book of I, Lady Lainey, however they also had the bad news that Will Smith is leaving after eight season with the club, so they deserve a bit of leeway.
 On a more postive note, Scott Borthwick and Mark Stoneman both passed 1000 runs for the season.
Good luck today.

My Tykes were fairing a bit better at Surrey. With new Ashes boy Gary Ballance hitting 72 not out on the first day of play. Jaques also had an impressive knock , but other Ashes boy Jonny Bairstow was not on  great form being dismissed in his 20's ( runs that is Dame Didi not his age!). This match does not make any difference on the standing in the table as Yorkshire are confirmed Runners up ( Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!) and Surrey are relegated.

News from former besty team in the South, Hampshire is that retiring Dimi Mascarenhas is to be playing  out in Australia in the Big Bash. also Michael Carberry has been talking about his delight at being named in the Ashes squad ( and obviously Lady lainey's 'leven as unveiled yesterday)


Over in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office  yesterday things had returned to the norm, with 'boys' having to chat about how pretty Lady Lainey's hair was looking since her return from La Belle France. 'You look like Ronald Mc Donald' commented one of the 'boys',who was limping in a most peculiar manner for the remainder of the day. Not a mention of football or cars all day. Normality returns!

Lord Christophe is settling himself in at Uni and appears to have been making friends with GIRLS!!!!! Well I will be going to get this nipped in the bud. he is training to be an Architect and design my new house in France, not get himself loved up!

Dropped in to see Tim'll Fix it to book the Lady Limo in for it's annual healthcheck. I thought that I was going to escape without being 'loved to death' by the Royal Hounds. However as I bent down to get my car keys out of my bag Benji the 'French kissing' border collie saw his chance and 'got' me. As I have said I think in my life I have been kissed by worse...............................




No comments :