Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 September 2013

Back to washing and sleeping.




Well today  it is all back to reality for I, Lady Lainey, gone are the heady days of sunny myself in Scarbados, drinking copious amounts of coffee with Daddy Rushworth and shouting at boys ( both Yorkshire and Durham boys I may add!). Now it is back to the mundane rounds of washing, housework and going back to work.

So to the final day at Scarbados  and before any cricket  took place I Lady Lainey was having a little walk up Marine Road to kill time before going into the ground, when sudden a man stepped in front of me and said 'Good morning' I quickly looked up and saw that it was Gillespie the Gallant!  I said 'Good moring' and asked how he was, before wandering on, and bumping into Liam Plunkett.#totallydistractedbydizzy


Then to the game which needed former besty home county of Durham to bowl out besty home county of Yorkshire quickly However those Tykes had other ideas and although Christopher Rushworth picked up three scalps along the way much to the understated delight of Daddy Rushworth!. Yorkshire were all out for for 419 with his Royal Ryanness putting up a stand with Liam Plunkett and Jackie Brooks  and then Durham went back into bat.


OMG!!His Royal Ryanness took out Mark Stoneman with the first ball of the innings. The crowd went wild and expectations were running high. Sadly it was not to be and Durham made there needed 124 to win the match, Daddy Rushworth was ecstatic and I Lady lainey was in a real quandry!. Durham picked up 24 points with Yorkshire picking up 4. They are now only 5.5 points ahead of Durham and need to really up there game and thrash the life out of their up coming opposition.

The only downside was that Chris Rushworth thought that I was the mother of the son of 'would like to be Lord Lainey'. NO NO and NO again. He may have very similar hair to me but I am not nor would ever want to be related to him!

And so today as I pack up Lady Lainey limo and leave chateau Saltburn where I have set up camp for the last 3 nights, I am sad that I will be in La Belle France this year at the end of the season as it is going to be very close.


#COYT

No comments :