Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 September 2013

And that's it...................................





for another season. yes 2013 county cricket is all finished!!! As I wipe tears from my eyes, I am looking at what has been a terrific season all round.

First and foremost it was a terrific season for former besty home county of Durham, who pulled themselves from the bottom of the table to the top and all without the help of Steve Harmison who was so badly injured that he couldn't play any cricket, only golf!.

Yesterday the tired champions finally lost their match to Sussex after a valiant fight back on Thursday. And lots of weary travellers got in their cars and drove nearly the length of the country home to bed last  night.

Good news from the team is that super polite young man Jamie Harrison has signed with the club until 2015 which is great for them and I predict a 10 wicket haul next season. No pressure then Jamie!

Durham also announced that they have given Callum Thorp a new contract as well as Keaton Jennings. They have also signed Stuart Poynter and Graham Clark for next season. At last some more youngsters!

Besty home county of Yorskhire had a super fantastic season and due to rain playing havoc with some of their games came second to Durham in Division One. Not bad for a team that were in Division Two a couple of seasons ago. Gillespie the Gallant has been a breath of fresh air at Yorkshire and few players are wanting to move on from the club ( His Royal Ryanness for one!).
I would also like to thank Gillespie the Gallant for his Tweets, retweets and reading my blog.
Top coach!

Sadly it was not a great season for Derbyshire who have gone over to the 'other side'. However I think that they will be back soon.


So what its going on today at LT Towers II?
Well if I manage to find the garage in the thick fog which is swirling around  outside, I am taking the car for its annual healthcheck ( like BUPA for humans but with Tim'll Fix It). I will also try to avoid being 'loved to death' by the royal hounds and 'snogged' by Benji the French kissing border collie!
Then I am doing to shopping for the 'boys' lunches for next week and dropping off some goods at the charity shop to the to make some space at the Towers. ( something that I had a lot of this time last year and am now rapidly running out of!)

I was going to get my new bed but that will have to wait until next week.

Oh well best to be on my way...........................it'll soon be nap time!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL
You live in the wrong place, no fog over here near the coast, just beautiful pale blue sky with lots of cirrus clouds.
DD