Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 September 2013

And so it is Thursday!





This time last week I was speeding ( OK driving like my granny) across the Moors to go and see my beloved Tykes taking on former besty home county of Durham at Scarbados. This week, I am putting on some slap, twirling my curls and donning my work tiara to go to look pretty for the day..................NOT FAIR!!! I want to spend my summers watching cricket, sitting in the sun and further adding to my, as yet unpublished photographic book 'Cricketers Posteriors'.

And the harsh reality is that I have to go to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, to earn pennies for cricket jaunts, champagne swilling jaunts back home to France, super birthday bash jaunts  and of course for tiaras ( which are not getting any cheaper!). NOT FAIR!!!!


So before I have a fill blown tantrum best to see what was happening in the wacky world of cricket yesterday.

Well Durham were in looking in a commanding position against  Sussex as they bowled them  out for 112 with Durham overnight on  212-6.  Mitch Claydon bowled well as did Arshad and Onions. Durham do look to be in a strong position but you know, stranger things have happened than getting a high second innings score.

Chris Rushworth was unlucky with decisions when bowling ( a little bit like Scarbados), but I am sure that he will pull a rabbit out of the hat (OK I know its not a cricketing term!) later today!


Down in Southampton, former besty home team in the south ( who may redeem themselves for next season) were pulling up their socks and knuckling down to some hard graft after day one at the Aegeus Bowl. Brathwaite took another wicket  and I am saying nothing further on the subject!.


All eyes are on Headingley who are unveiling their new score board at the ODI tomorrow. Well I guess its a boy thing! I would be interested if Gillespie the Gallant and His Royal Ryanness were on top of it, but hey to me a mere girly, a scoreboard is a scoreboard, is a scoreboard.


Oh well time is running out and those boys will not do any work without the dulcet tones of I Lady Lainey shouting at them, before I settle down to file my nails.

Bon Journee

No comments :