Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 August 2013

Last day of super cricket holiday




Well today is the flipping last day of the Scarborough festival, and Yorkshire are still at the crease. What a blinking day it was, starting off with me meeting super polite boy Jamie Harrison in the street as I was going up to the ground. He is jolly lovely and his mummy should be super proud of him.

Well I had check the weather forecast ( scorchio), I had dressed appropriately ( which by the time I got to Scarbabos was very inappropriate due to way to much cleavage so had to have a quick change at lunch time).

So lets see what actually happened on the field and not on the boundary.... well Daddy Rushworth came to sit with me and we had a flipping good laugh, the cricket was slow ( Durham needed wickets) and so he decided to go for a walk around the ground, no sooner had he set off then the wickets started to tumble. Jamie Harrison took 2, Rushworth took 1 and also did an amazing bit of fielding work to run out Rashid. then 2 a pieces form Borthwick, Stokes and Wood, including the wicket of His Royal Ryanness which then signaled lunch and Durham to enforce the follow on.

Now his Royal Ryanness and Gillespie the Gallant have obviously noticed the lack of posterior picture taking, well maybe today will be the day.

Yorkshire went back in to bat and after an early strike by 'Rushy' which removed Lyth, Jaques and new boy Kane Williamson settled themselves in to each making great end of day totals 151 & 90 respectively. Well it really is goign to be a great final day and I had considered going back to Tykes Towers and then scooting off to Chester Le St. No flipping chance! Wouldn't miss the end of this for the world!


Daddy Sidebottom( Arnie to his mates) also came out to see the game and support his 'boy' and managed to keep a low profile ( yeah right!).



Sad news as given to me when I got home last night that amazing poet ( whom I had to study for English A' level) Seamus Heaney had died. A great man who was not only a great poet but someone who fought to stop the decline of the English language, as he hated the fact that text speak was part of everyday life and 'Americanisations' were accepted as English. truly great man.

RIP Seamus Heaney.

Well I have got to go and head off across the Moors  and get my special seat in the ground ( by the boundary). |I have to say that I am super flipping tired out and need to have a lie in and an afternoon nap, but that can be tomorrow!


No comments :