Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 August 2013

Lady Lainey sets to work.



It was a beautiful summers day yesterday with the exception of the wind which was a blessed relief from the constant the that we had been living with. I Lady Lainey had great plans of what i was going to do with my day, but actually didn't do anything that I had planned. With the lack of 'staff' here at Tykes Towers I settled down to the mundane tasks of washing and cleaning, I soon got bored with that so went to the shops and got lunches for Job the Jolly (aka Jo Bling) as Pony Paul is on his jollies now.

Then I went round to visit Countess Christine of Mc Nally and the lovely Royal Hounds ( well Leo and Sheba). After being 'loved to death' by the two of them  I settled down to coffee and a chat. Then it was time to come home and settle down for a nap!

I watched the highlights from the test when I woke up, ah yes............. well he did what they all hoped that he would, yes KP  hit a century and according to the hacks today, 'brought England right back into the game'. ' 'Rescued England', ' Showed he is the man'. Yes KP was the star of day three as he  scored 113 with Cook making 62. Close of play England were  233 behind with rain forecast for today and tomorrow. Draw anyone???


Over at Headingley Yorkshire closed their innings on 302 all out and then with Plunkett taking 4 wickets, His Royal Ryanness  and Rashid taking one and Patterson ,two Warwickshire closed the day on  221-8. So today they are going for it! #coyt.

Former besty home county of Durham are still at Lords ( no not Lourdes #pyos) and it was very nearly as I predicted, that it would be all over yesterday. Durham were again bowled out for  171 and the close of play saw Middlesex 103-2, meaning that it should all be over by lunchtime!


So what is on the agenda today.............well the railings are not self painting so I will have to crack on with them and I am also having a little trip to the DIY shop for a couple of paving slabs, some garage door paint and then I am really going to have to get busy busy busy.

Flipping heck, a Lady's life should not be this jolly busy, with hard work and manual labour...........I should be lying on the chaise longue being fed grapes by Sir Sean of Bean or Kieffer Sutherland, oh well in another life.


No comments :