Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 August 2013

I'm back





Yes I am back. I, Lady Lainey am back in the world of blogging after having a little break to go and party hard in former home town in South of Blighty. so lets have a slight recap as to what I have been up to.

I'm back (part one)

Former home town of Northwood ( and Pinner and Eastcote) had no idea what hit it this weekend as Thursday  the orange curly haired one  descended on the unsuspecting North London suburb. Yes I Lady Lainey had arrived back to cause havoc for a few days.

Friday saw me having lunch with besty girly friend Zemina,  catching up on all important news ( eg how many new pairs of shoes or handbags we had bought recently)and then having an alfresco dinner with Zemina, Gary, Countess Cruse and her  Consort Andy. After way too much wine and sitting in the garden until the wee small hours, beds were calling to us all and Friday slipped into Saturday.

I'm back ( part two)

Saturday dawned bright and warm, and I, Lady Lainey and Countess Cruse went off to Pinner to do a spot of shopping, Then I received a phone call asking if I would like to go for coffee with top friend and ex Hants bowler JJ. How on earth was a girl going to refuse that! So armed with JJ's birthday pressie ( 3 years late!) I was whisked away to a wonderful Lebanese restaurant  (we had been before and it is good), where I did have a coffee after a great meal with Lebanese Wine and gorgeous Baklava.

After a good couple of hours ( or three) we left the restaurant and I have to say that I had been given some words of wisdom over lunch. And I have taken them all on board, Yes JJ I really have.

However the other Hampshire boys were not having such a great day and got knocked out in the T20 semi final!!!  Nothamptonshire, who were appearing in their first Finals Day went on to win the title!

Saturday evening was a civilised affairs with a wonderful dinner to celebrate Countess Cruse's birthday, all was good until the last guest left at 1.30am, when Andy got his second wind and we were then whooping and partying until 5am. The photographs tell the whole story and I can assure you that they will never be seen on 'Tales from the Boundary'

Sunday I  managed to crawl out of bed in time to make my way to Kings Cross, where I had to sit on the train for for hours due to an 'incident' at Potters Bar. I was one tired Lady Lainey when Mr Funky the Chauffeur came to pick me up. And couldn't really summon the energy to 'chatter for England', preferring to snore my little orange head off on the drive home.

Other crickety news is that top Tyke bowler Timmy Bresnan is now out for the rest of the season with a stress fracture to his back. A very sad end to the season for Tim, but he'll be back!

And finally I am well and truly back...................at Tykes Towers and back to the mundane things, like going to super swanky Lady Lainey office, shouting at the boys and drinking copious amounts of coffee which makes a change from the copious amount of wine that I have been gulping down over the last four days. More importantly a new and improved Lady Lainey is back ( after some words of wisdom) and things are a changing from here on!!!!

No comments :