Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 August 2013

Holiday Monday

Mr Funky's ruby slippers, Lady Lainey's pretty sandals


Woohoo a lie in this morning, until 7am!!!! and now I am up and getting frantic as it is another cricket day and there are quails eggs to boil, cavier sandwiches to make and orange curls to be sorted out ( notice I never mentioned a comb!).However before any of that its time for a catch up on yesterday.


Mr Funky the chauffeur  was punctual and arrived at 10 of the clock, and we went off to pick up Pauly Paul and then head off to The Riverside. The weather was 'odd' to say the least but it didn't rain. However Durham made short work of Surrey. Super polite young man Jamie Harrison took another wicket whilst Mark Wood finished the day on 5-44. This win moves Durham up to second in the table behind my beloved Tykes so I can tell you that when I am off to Scarbados on Thursday, it could be hearts in mouths time.
Gareth Batty came into bat for Surrey just before lunch and was out straight away, however not a thump or harsh word from him!.

The match was over very quickly and we all set off home, so that I Lady Lainey could have a little nap and then put lots of Lady Lainey rubbish  treasures on ebay to try to make some room in Tykes Towers which is now bursting at the seams!

Bad light seems to have been the curse of many of the matches over the last few days however bad light caused the end of the 5th Ashes test , with England winning 3-0. England were denied a probable win in this match but the Umpires called the light into question and the match ended. Now considering that for the last 5 tests any decision that an Umpire has made has usually been over ruled, I was amazed that the decision stood!!!!#umpireswordislaw.


Today see YB40 action around the country. As I have already said I am off to the Riverside and so is top office boy Job the Jolly ( cos I am nice and got him tickets!), however I think that he is going to be sitting as far away from me as possible (well putting up with me in the office is enough for anyone, he doesn't really want to see me on his day off!).

My Tykey Vikings are in action at home against Glamorgan, Phil Jaques is captaining the team today which does not his Royal Ryanness in, I guess they are resting him ready for my arrival at Scarbados! so today it is a huge shout out for my Vikings and #coyt.


Derbyshire are in action against Hampshire, so I will be interested to see what the outcome of that match is.

Finally over in Belgium, my beloved Baron Button came home in 6th position ( no where flipping near the podium for gollies sake!). He said that he was not sure that they had the right strategy. However right or wrong at least LH didn't win it was Vettel ( quelle surprise) who took the glory.
I am gutted for Jenson, he should be winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So now I am off to put on my clothes ( please note I have note been writing this naked, I am still in my jimjams!!) and get myself ready for the cricket.



No comments :