Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 August 2013

Day two in Scarbados!




Well I set off over the Moors road to Scarbados and made it there in such super quick time that Dame Didi thought I had been doing the speeding thing. How very dare she! Moi! speeding!!!.
I settled myself down in my usual Scarbados seat and was watching Gillespie the Gallant and his Royal Ryanness warming up when I realised that a gentleman had sat down next to me. It was only Mr Rushworth Daddy of Chris and lovely dog Pasha.  ( he had seen my orange curls as he came through the gate!!!)

Oh dear what a flipping '2 an 8' I, Lady Lainey was in. As you know I am a true Tykey Princess even though I had been brought in in the Land of the Prince Bishops! So I  had to spend the day cheering on Durham whilst screaming inside for Yorkshire!!!.

However Mr Rushworth (aka Rushy's Dad) is a top boy and not only provided me with sustenance ( yeah cos I look like I need it!) but also made me flipping laugh until my sides ached and we talked cricket all day ( well and bikes and home improvements).

And so to what happened on day two. Well Durham were still in batting and the tail enders did amazing things. Richardson with his first century  (102), super polite boy Jamie Harrison  (35) Wood (20) and of course Mr Rushworth Jnr  (1). Durham ended theior first innings on 573

His Royal Ryanness took another wicket whihc brought his haul up to 601. What a top boy too.

Yorkshire went into bat with Rushy taking first blood. there was much cheering on our bench. Then a Yorkshire cricketer ( not naming him) took a knock on the box and went down like a sack of spuds. Why do they bring them a glass of water??? I think the last thing he wanted was a drink!.

Mr Rushworth Snr and I were discussing the returned use of the magic sponge ( which I touched on a while ago in my blog. Is Rushy's dad a secret reader???). As he said, a quick pat with ice cold water does wonders for anyone!.

Williamson and Bairstow are still at the crease as play resumes today and Yorkshire are 182-3.

In reality Yorkshire would settle for a draw from this match and so would I, Lady Lainey, but I do not think that this is in the mind of Durham at all. Lets see what happens.

I also managed to secure some 'little men' for my new garden project, however more of that on another day.

Australia were in T20 action last night against England, the wonderful Michael Carberry was doing water boy duties!!!!!!!!! What the Donald Duck was that all about??????

Joe Root took a bang to his helmet which smashed the grill and in the words of Job the Jolly 'bust his gob'!!! However like a true Tyke he carried on playing ( you know I am sure that Geoff Boycott played with a broken leg!!! only joking!)

Aaron Finch the young Australian hit an amazing 156  which helped to secure the Aussies win. It could be interesting as the T20 road show trundles up to Chester Le Street for Saturdays match.


And so now I much set off and wend my way over to sunny Scarbados to see what today holds for my Tykes and also former besty home county ( except if Mr Rushworth is sitting with me) of Durham.


Oh I also caught a bit of sun yesterday too, as it was flipping hot at times.








No comments :