Powered By Blogger

Thursday 22 August 2013

A tiny tear this morning

Bodie and Mrs Magoo



Well not only do I Lady Lainey write a blog, I also follow a blog about two little Border Terriers who live in New Zealand. http://smallbrowndogs.blogspot.co.uk/   however this morning I tuned in for a little peep at all things small brown and hairy to see the terrible news that Mrs Magoo is no longer with us, after being quite poorly since February. I have to admit to having a little tear. Never good to lose someone that you love very much.

So as I wipe my eyes ( for the flipping hundredth time) I am moving very swiftly on to all things  cricket. Well it truly was a mad old cricket day yesterday. The start of the 5th test and England  putting out two débutantes in the place of Bresnan ( injured) and Bairstow ( not picked). However Shane Watson halted what was a new England attack with a superb 176, that helped the visitors to 307-4 at the close of play. The bowling from England I would say was lack lustre and to be honest I have no idea why they took out Bairstow . However as you all flipping well know I am not on the selectors committee, but when I am  'The king of Cricket' there will be blinking big changes.

Controversial comments from Darren Lehmann regarding Stuart Broad, whom he called a 'blatent cheat'. oh dear its all kicking off, handbags at dawn and all that malarkey! And if they want to borrow a couple, they know where to come!!!

My Tykes are in action at Nottinghamshire and yesterday saw them put on  327 runs for the loss of 8 wickets. ( Luke Fletcher taking  a 5 wicket haul). However with my Top Tykey bowler attack chomping at the bit, I see this as being a great match, just a shame that I cannot be there.

Gillespie the Gallant is back on twitter giving his concise comments to the day. Great to have him back and we all know that Yorkshire are #topteam #strongunit #ladylaineysfavourites

Former besty home county of Durham begin play today against Surrey, in what they are classing as a race to the title. COME ON!!!! PLLLEEESSEEE!!!  Tykes go top!!!

I was also keeping my super blue eyes on Derbyshire yesterday as I don't want to see them relegated. They managed to keep Middlesex at bay and picked up some much needed points too. Come on Derbyshire pull your finger out.

Hampshire played their youngest player in a first team match  since 1867 on Tuesday when Brad Taylor took the field. He admitted to being nervous, but played like a true professional. The young spin bowler took the wicket of Simon Katich and although Hampshire lost the match by 5 runs it will always be memorable to Brad.

Hampshire hit the headlines many moons ago when they sent out in the 2XI a 15 year Liam Botham. The young Botham stated that he wanted to be better then his father. HMMMMMM famous last words!.

So although I am still struggling to find form, and still feel as though I have been hit by a steam roller, I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office where Job the Jolly and I will be listening to TMS and drinking copious amounts of 'green tea', oh yes the Lady and the Jobbers are on a health kick!

No comments :