Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wet Wednesday??




From the back it could be me!!!! ( the hair I mean)





Flipping heck, on my way to work yesterday the sky turned black and after I realised it wasn't the Apocalypse, I was suddenly caught in  the worst rain storm I have seen for ages. It lasted full on 40 minutes and by the tome I got into Lady Laineyworkville all the roads were flooded and I struggled to get into super swanky Lady Lainey office. Not just that but my blinking brolly was in the boot so I ended up with a curly fringe to match my hair after trying to lug my handbag up the steps to the office door and 'safety'.

I have looked at the long range weather forecast and it is looking as if it going to be like this until next Thursday. Oh joy just as I was getting used to everyone moaning about the excessive heat, now they will be complaining about the rain................except for Dame Didi and the monster children nephews who are getting set to jet off home to La Belle France and Chateau Didi Premier. Lucky blighters I have another 8 weeks until I am heading off my home land and lashings of 'President' butter, bags of Baguettes and gallons of Gros Plant!!!. Woohoo super flipping days ahead.

So today is looking grey and overcast but very warm and I am considering wandering down to Darlington Cricket club to see Durham seconds playing, most especially to keep an eye on super polite young bowler Jamie Harrison who should really be in the first team.However that will depend on the weather so I will wait until midday and then make a decision.

Oh no booohooooo, one of Lady Laineys favourite cricketers form former besty home county in the south, Hampshire is going to retire at the end of the season. The wonderful Dimitri Mascarenhas due to injury. Dimi has played for the team for 18 years and been part of a team that has picked up 5 domestic trophies.I wish him well in what ever he goes on to do and hope that everything goes well for him.

My Tykey Vikings are crossing the Pennines tonight to take Lancashire in T20 action. All I can say is #coyt.
His Royal Ryanness has been named in the squad so I am expecting super brilliant bowling from him.


The one and only Chesney Hughes has been at it again this time in T20 action, smashing  46 of 25 balls in a rain reduced match. Derbyshire went onto beat Nottinghamshire by 16 runs.


And finally, The Prince of Cambridge was unveiled last night as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went home from hospital. All three looked very well and very very happy. A great moment in history and a wonderful family.

No comments :