Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 July 2013

Testing Thursday




Well the Test started yesterday with lots of hype and lots of 'dares'. apparently 'freddie' Flintoff will run naked around Lords if Australia win two tests, now much as I would like to see Australia do this ( to prove critics wrong) I have nearly regurgitated my weetabix at the thought of Freddie in the buff, now Gillespie the Gallant or his Royal Ryanness ( even funnier if he wore his purple pants)  would be OK, however they would never stoop to such media alerting tactics #freddienotbeeninpapersforawhile

So at 10.50am yesterday I fiddled about with t'wireless in the office and low and behold I suddenly tuned into TMS, so a great day in the office listening to the constant commentary of cricket. So at 11.00am it all kicked off and Cook and Root took to the field.  I was tres busy looking pretty and spinning round in my chair ( as is the norm), and before I had even had time to start filing my nails Cook was out for 13!. And it got worse, before I could even gulp down my coffee they had saddled up the show pony and the much hyped and ( not so long) awaited return of KP happened. Well so much hype  and he made 14. Jonny (Damian  Lewis) Bairstow put on 37 and England were all out for 215.
So the Australians took to the field. close of play 75-4.
The papers are full of 'wonderful England' Ozzie bashing. Well this is the first innings and stranger things have happened............


................as was occurring simultaneously at The Riverside were Durham were taking on Derbyshire.As they had been all out for 1132, Durham took their second innings to 331 and Derbyshire went back in to bat. Rushworth and Stokes cut through the batting order and although it looked as if the boys form The Peak District would be heading home last night, they hung on to start today on 181-7. I think that  we know how this is going to end, or do we????

Over in Le Tour Chris Froome extending his lead in stage 11 with an impressive effort in the time trials. A strange event occurred when a spectator threw  urine at Mark Cavendish. Now I think that the language barrier was the problem here. Mark was asked if he wanted a drink, and he replied 'oui'.

So today I am wending my way on a dull and overcast morning to super swanky Lady Lainey office to listen to cricket and look super pretty.

The weather is very hot and not comfortable for  being in offices. The best place to flipping well be is on a lounger in the garden, quaffing copious amounts of champers whilst turning a pretty shade of red ( or in my case walnut brown).
Sadly tiaras do not buy themselves and as they are tres spendy I have to go to sit in an office for 7 hours a day to afford them
However on the up side, the boys would miss me so much if I wasn't there. ( 'eh yes of course we would' Job the Jolly)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL
Just picked myself up from the floor with your quip about Mark Cavendish. However, I think perhaps the person mistook him for NODDY you know Oui- Oui in French!

DD