Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 July 2013

sneezy still need new hayfever pill!



Well I won't be sniffing any flowers today as I am still suffering really badly from hay fever, yesterday I was once again confined to the house and tried to do some housework. All was good until Mr Funky turned up at the door with a massive bunch of elderflowers, which set me off again and I ended up laid on the sofa watching Jack Bauer getting more and more ill with a virulent form of CJD. And I thought my hayfever was bad!!! I tell you being around him is a nightmare.


Durham had travelled to the seaside and were having their T20 match at Scarbella against besty home county of Yorkshire.Gale and Lyth set up Yorkshire ( it appeared) by putting on 51, but due to the fact that I Lady Lainey was not in my usual position ( being dive bombed by albatrosses!) they seemed to lose their way a little. Liam Plunket came in  made a swift 30 pushing the score to 146-7 in their 20 overs.

Durham were without their Collingwood ( see I told you he would be injured !) as he had hurt his thumb! ( I think that he doesn't like T20 as he was injured last season too). However they went on to win in a 'thrilling' last over, 147-6. OK well lets see what 12th July brings

Some good news  though Scotland beat Kenya, in the first of two, World Cup league matches for qualification to the World Cup.


And horror of horrors, Compton is convinced that he is going to return to the England squad despite Joe Root moving up the batting order. #DUCK  #DUCK  #DUCK

Over at the British Grand Prix it was a bit of a 'do'. Four drivers suffered blow outs of their Pirelli Tyres. One of the drivers being LH. Well he did saying winning was not enough and he didn't win! Rosberg won in what has been described as a 'dramatic GP'.
Baron Button came in 13th place which was jolly unlucky for him!
What can a girl say?

In the 100th  Le Tour  after the thrills and spills of the opening day in Corsica, yesterday went without any notable problems. Britain, David Millar moved to second overall place , with Chris Froome coming home in the peloton, after breaking clear in the final climb of the day before they reached Ajaccio. More thirlls and spills today? well I will be tuned into ITV4 when I get home.

So now after popping another pill to stop my nose running and hopefully keep the sneezing at bay, I am off to start the working week at Super swanky Lady Lainey office. And now that i am down to two boys to shout at, they will be really in for it today!!  only joking!

No comments :