Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Lady Lainey clears out...........










.........................her wardrobe, Yes I have taken a long hard look at my wardrobe and decided to have a clear out ( could this be due to the rails bending under the weight). And now two bags of things for the charity shop have appeared in the spare bedroom. I am going to have to drop them off today or else I will be in danger of 'stealing' some of the things back out of the bag!!!

Bur holy flipping mackerel, who put half of that stuff in there and most of it has never been worn! Even if my social diary was full to bursting I would be able to find something appropriate for a Royal Garden party, Royal Ascot, a couple of polo matches as well as wearing a different outfit for super swanky Lady Lainey office for a month without repeating it. Wow that is some serious clothing habit. I have yet to start on the shoes, handbags and other accessories!

Over in the cricket world the wonderful Michael Carberry top batsman with former besty home county in the south Hampshire, hit an unbeaten 83 last night against Kent to secure them a place in the T20 quarter finals. Even though they beat my beloved Yorkshire last year I am putting my money on them this year ( OK kiss of death for them in the quarters stage I feel).
Durham are waiting with bated breath for the result of tonight's match Glamorgon v Gloudestershire to see if they make it through to quarter finals. Not to sure myself but we can but hope.

News out that David Warner will rejoin Australia next Monday for the next Ashes Test. Lets hope his array of strokes is with the bat and not his fist #shorttemper.

According to the hacks, the hard work that Chris Tremlett put in over the winter have helped to secure him a place in the 3rd Test squad. I Lady Lainey never one to rain on any ones parade would beg to differ. I personally do no think that he should be in the squad. Mark my words if he is included in the team he will not really make an impression. #famouslastwords

The current question going round is does Test cricket have a place in today's cricket set up. The five day matches are losing out to the razzmatazz of T20. I personally prefer to see a match played out over a period of days than hours, but as T20 is all about making a fast buck for the countries/counties then I can see the appeal. However last year when I went to an international T20 I was shocked and nearly ended up teetotal when the bottle of wine that cost £9 the week before had suddenly been hiked up to £15!!! Yes indeedy enough to send me searching for a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock. When clubs realise the potential of making tons of money due to no alcohol being allowed to be carried into the ground, prices go sky high.
So from a commercial point of view I can see the attraction, however from a cricket loving point of view give me the 5 day format any time.
Just to point out that the aforementioned bottle of wine was back to £9 the following Sunday however this season at The Robberside  Riverside ground the wine is now £15 a bottle all the time, good job I have a big handbag!!!

Well talking about my handbag it is time to pick it up, hoist it onto my shoulder and set off for super swanky Lady Lainey office, where I will be fighting for space in the car park with Pony Paul who has now taken delivery of his new company pimpmobile car.

No comments :