Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Its going to be 'scorchio'




The sun has got his hat on
Hip Hip Hip Hooray
The sun has got his hat on
And Lady Lainey has to go to work!


On goodness me , we are basking in glorious sunshine and heatwave type temperatures! And I have been sitting in super swanky Lady Lainey office perspiring in a not so Lady like manner.

After being away for the weekend there has been lots of 'catching up' to do on Twitter and last night I tried to do just that, in the end I gave it up as a bad job and watched The Kerry Packer Story on BBC 4. Funny to see Jeff Thomson. I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of years ago and he didn't look at all the same!!!! I suppose nearly 40 years is a long time!


Lady Lainey's second favourite Aussie bowler ever, Glenn McGrath has waded into the Australia debacle, saying that he believes that Australia can come in as the underdogs and win the Urn. Well I have been flipping well saying this for ages, he obviously has been reading my blog! however 'Sir Loin of Beef' has said that England will win 10-0 in a series whitewash,. Well let battle commence!

Former besty home county of Durham started against Derbyshire yesterday and were  253 all out. Derbyshire bowler Footitt was on form with figures of  6-53. Derbyshire closed overnight on 15-1 with Chris Rushworth ( daddy of pasha the dog) taking that wicket.

BABY WATCH

Baby watch has now stepped up as the arrival of the royal baby gets even closer, even though no one really knows when it is due. Apparently a helicopter is on standby to take Prince William as soon as he gets the call, however to take the pressure off The Duchess of Cambridge, Buckingham Palace announced yesterday that  Zara Philips and Mike Tindall are to have a baby which is due in the New Year. Wow, the patter of tiny feet  is taking off in Royal circles. Who will be next................I am betting its not The Duchess of Cornwall!!

Well time to head off to Lady Lainey workville and see what the 'little monkeys' got up to when I went home last night, I just know that my office will be strewn with papers!







No comments :