Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 July 2013

Housework!!! On Bastille Day!!!!



Bonjour tout le monde, welcome to Bastille day when I Lady Lainey will be returning to my French roots and celebrating ................

OK really today I  have to knuckle down and do some housework, after doing as little as possible due to living in '24' land I am now ( sadly) back in the real world and need to tackle all the jobs that I had put on hold.

However this is boring and I want to be doing fun stuff!!!!!! but full stuff  will have to wait whilst I do washing, ironing etc. Then I can whistle 'Le Marseillaise'  stuff a baguette down my gullet and wash it down with a bucket of 'Gros Plant'. Well I could if I had some, so I guess that I will have to make do with Champagne!

Yesterday at Trent Bridge the Australians were chasing a target of 311, which would be a jolly flipping record if they do it, They were going well at 161-3, but the final hour of the game took Michael Clarke, Steven Smith and Phil Hughes out of the equation, which left Australia on  174-6 at the close of play.

I kind of think that it may be exciting today and we know that the minute that Ashton Agar hits the crease the bowlers will be in for the kill.


Today other cricket action takes place. T20 fun for besty home county of Yorkshire who have travelled down to Derbyshire and former besty home county of Durham who have travelled to Lancashire. Fingers crossed for a Yorkshire win.


Durham has issued no further statements on the health of coach Geoff Cook who suffered a heart attack last month . JJ Lewis is still running the show, and to be honest he isn't doing too bad a job.



Over at Le Tour, Chris Froome retained the yellow jersey ( which must be slightly stinky by now!), although Matteo Trentin won stage 14, the race to Lyon.


And today on Bastille Day  stage 15 will start in Givors and end in Mont Ventoux a staggering 242.5km ride.Today is the day when all the French riders will be really blinking well going for it and this year it ends on one of the most  feared and respected climbs, Mont Ventoux. Keep an eye on Pierre Rollond.

Bon Chance to you all

BABY WATCH

Well the papers are stating that the Duchess of Cambridge is now one day over her due date ( like they would know!!!), and speculating that she is at her parents home ( because that makes sense to race her back to London when she goes into labour!!). When in actual fact no one out side of Royal and Middleton circles knows when the baby is due. And we all know that babies come when they are good and ready.


So without further ado I am off to rifle through the fridge and see what I have got 'frenchy' to eat, think I will make a 'tart au citron' for later.


Sad news which has just come through , is that yesterday Jason Gillespie's father suffered a heart attack and died. Jason parents had been staying here on holiday when this happened. Jason will not be with the team today at chesterfield, so #coyt do it right!. Our thoughts are with the Gillespie family at this shattering time.

Bon Journee




No comments :