Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Wow its been SCORCHIO!!!!









Wooohooo it was so flipping hot yesterday that I sat in the garden of super swanky Lady Lainey office at lunchtime and munched my sandwich, whilst soaking up the rays. Blinking baking it was! And I am now a lovely shade of brown on my arms and feet ( due to having trousers on). I was going to roll my trousers up but thought that it was not a good look for I, Lady Lainey.

However looking out of the windows here at Tykes Towers now (6.10am) it is not quite so lovely and I am guessing that the sun may not shine today.........lets see though cos I ain't no Michael Fish.

Super fabby news is that The Duke of Adelaide is back after going deep undercover. He was proudly showing me the photos of his first ever snowman. ( made when he was in London in the New Year). I had not fully appreciated that  due to living down under he had never made a snow man before!
I, Lady Lainey am flipping glad he is back, now all he has to do is to find a job. Offered him a gardening job at Tykes Towers but sadly logistics where the problem.


Over in cricket England are saying that they will not play Graeme Swann in the semi final of the Champions Trophy, so as not to risk his over all fitness????? He has played only one of Englands three group matches due to back and calf injuries. so once again I, Lady Lainey am asking why is a crock on the team. In the words of Achilles in the fantastic film Troy ' Is there no one else?'

Also the (boring) ball tampering row rolls on with South Africa now having a little dig. Oh well it is a slow day in  cricket so I guess any news is news!!!!


And finally today we have picture of PD Mac ( retired). He was originally at Hertfordshire Constabulary, so not sure how he got on understanding all the 'northern' dogs when he came up to Durham! He retired in 2012 but not before doing his fair share of work including being involved in  policing of 'T in the Park'. He now is enjoying his retirement and long may it continue.


He is one of the many stars  on www.pawsup.org.uk  If you want to see him and many others check out the 'Retired Dogs' section

No comments :