Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 June 2013

Sneezy Sunday










OK so I may not be one of Snow Whites seven dwarfs but flipping heck I nearly cracked a rib yesterday with my constant sneezing!! Even after I took TWO one-a -day hay fever tablets the only effect it had on me is that I slept most of the day. Mr Funky text and rang ( whilst I was sleeping) to say that he was coming to cut the Deer Park...............................don't think so!! I didn't need anything else to make me sneeze.

This morning I woke up at 4.00am and thought 'woohoo nose not running, throat not constricted' and then I started sneezing again! so think that I may be trapped within the confines of Tykes Towers again today.

Well today is the British Grand Prix and LH has pole position. He said that 'winning is not enough' for goodness sake what else is there??? #stupidboy!

Baron Button is way down the order. Come on Jenson what the flip are you doing?  Too much triathlon I think.

Over in cricket Australia did in fact cruise to a win over Somerset with a six wicket win. This will indeed have given the team a boost and this week see's the start of the the Ashes tests so I do really think that now anything can happen.


The Champions Trophy is to be axed by the ICC and replaced with 'World Test Championship' This was  announced along with the news that England will host the inaugural test in 2017. Hope the weather stays fine.


Dame Didi spent yesterday in Corsica, no she hadn't flown out for a jolly but was firmly ensconced in front of the telly watching Le Tour de France. This is the opening stages and already has hit horrid times ( or a bus in this case) The said bus was stuck at the finishing line The bus was stuck under the finishing line banner and eventually the cyclists came into view there was a touch of wheels and a mass of bodies. Luckily Mark Cavendish ws not involved in the crash but one of his team mates was. All that aside the views of Corsica have only made I, Lady Lainey to put that on my list of places to go to visit.

As I type she is no doubt out on her tricycle with the shiny bell doing 'Le Tour de Saltburn' or maybe not!!!

Allez le tour!!.

BABY WATCH

Luckily the very lovely Duchess of Cambridge is still avoidign the 'paps' and is probably 'nesting'. So today the royal reports in the paper are regarding the style changes of the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. .............hmmm well...........they appear to have inherited their mothers style.#notgoodlooks.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Ring Ring, Didi Merckx coming through
Mark Cavendish was looking to win the yellow jersey yesterday unfortunately he had to ride round the fallers and found himself out of the sprint for the line which itself was pretty mobile!!
Can you believe that I found the F1 qualifying quite boring after the sunshine and beautiful scenery of Corsica and that is from an F1 fan.
Looks like I am turning French!
Corsica - Holiday - Moi Aussi