Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 May 2013

Who are you 'Rooting' for





OMG Joe Root is a top Tyke and also showing why he is in the England squad. Yesterday in front of a home crowd he scored his first test century and proved to I Lady Lainey that I have been right all along.Now as you know I have little time for selections made for nepotistic  reasons which showed AGAIN in one of the opening batsman going for 1!. yes OK anyone can have a bad day and I suppose it was better than his usual duck.. However  Root came in stood his ground and showed what he was made of.  


The youngster put on his 'show' part of the time with his partner in crime Jonny Bairstow (64) which put the tykes in top spot in my view. The baby faced Root also confided that he sometimes struggles to get served in pubs ( he is 22) however as his face is plastered all over national newspapers now, I doubt this will be the case in future.
England closed in 337-7 at the end of day two.

 To say that I am a proud Lady Lainey is an understatement, especially as I have been infected by 3x 'man flu' ( in other words a cold but I got it from the 3 men in  my office so it is bound to be MUCH worse!)and am feeling so under par that I didn't even wear my tiara to cricket yesterday.
I sat in the sunshine, shivering and feeling rubbish, but soldiering on for Mr Funky the chauffeur who was having his birthday bash, with cake and sausage rolls and ginger biscuits and fizzy pop and although I did partake of the goodies, nothing had any taste!.

Durham and Middlesex was really like watching paint dry as the outcome was evident. however hopefully the good weather holds out and we get a good one day game tomorrow, when we will be joined by Pauly Paul for coffee and smoked salmon sandwiches.

Today is looking to be another glorious day and I have washing in at the moment after just managing to drag myself out of my 'pit'. My head hurts, my throat is sore and I look truly 'marvellous' with my streaming nose and red eyes.This is going to take some 'surgery' to get back to Lady Lainey form.................. what the hell I may just bundle myself up on the sofa with a 'Beechams powders' frappe and watch '24'


Today is the Monaco Grand Prix, with Baron Button in 9th position! Well Jenson my boy it will take some jolly nifty driving to get yourself on the podium, but I am still 'rooting' for you too.

The son of late great motor racing hero James Hunt has been talking about his daddy. In his words' we all saw him as a playboy 'but to me he was dad who doted on me....and his 300 budgies'. Tom Hunt ( who has a look of Baron Button) also described his dad as a great friend. Little known fact emerging with the budgie love, I wonder if he shared tips with Geoff Capes?
Who would forget his love of vodka and five alive cocktails!
Tom Hunt

No comments :