Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 May 2013

Tired Thursday




I woke up this morning to the strange sight of a huge yellow ball in the sky! yes at 5.15am this morning it was sunny and after it looked as if the world was going to end yesterday morning . The rain lashed down most of the day but by the time I got into Lady Lainey limo/sunseeker yacht to come home it was a completely different day to the one that I had set out in. it was sunny and really beautiful. The weather however had not only made the hair of I,Lady Lainey go frizzy it had also affected the start of numerous cricket matches

Over in Warwickshire, my Vikings had listened to every thing that Gillespie the Gallant had told them and when they eventually went in to the field they hit the ground running to say the least. Liam Plunkett took  five wickets!!!! Well done that man. With his Royal Ryanness taking two  and Patterson taking three. The Bears were all out for 128. Yorkshire closed the day on 11-0 in reply.
Well what can I say except  #COYT.

Michael Vaughan has tipped Joe root as  future England captain ( kiss of death for sure!). Joe makes his debut on home turf later in the season and he is a very talented cricketer, but please do not saddle him with so much, so soon, let him develop at his own pace.


Dame Didi informed me that she would be available over the weekend as she would be very busy in Monaco...........................hold on a cotton picking minute, she is swanning off to Monaco and not taking her  besty sister in the whole world! Well no, it isn't strictly true but she will be watching the F1 on the television but will be there in spirit ( and if there is any in Chateau Saltburn no doubt she will be partaking of it too). I also will be watching as I have high hopes for baron button whoo will be racing on his adopted home soil.

Good news on the footy front, as you know I am a super Blades fan, but do watch Chelsea very closely due to local boy Ross Turnbull being one of the goalies ( and often seen in local cricket club, well I don't see him as I am usually a little giddy after a couple of sherry shandies). well they had a little trip over to Amsterdam to play a game last night and only went and flipping well won!. 2-1 was the blinking score. They won last year and Ross was seen doing a really credible Lady Lainey impersonation in pictures in the paper ( staggering around with a glass in his hand). So jolly well done to the London ( and Lady Laineyville ) boys. A great end to the season for you.

well even though I am sooooo tired and can hardly keep my eyes open, I had better wend my way to super swanky Lady Lainey office, what would the boys get up to if I wasn't there shouting at them????? Probably a lot more work!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

I was sure that they said on Sunday the Monaco GP was this week but according to my diary and the website it is next Sunday, so will not be swanning off until then (haha)

Anonymous said...

Oops must have had too many shandies that day.

Lady Lainey said...

DD are you sure cos Jenson was Tweeting last night that he is in Monaco now training. Can't go to Monaco next weekend there is cricket on!! LL