Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 May 2013

sunny already.........but will it last?








Well it's 6.30am here in the North of Blighty and I am staring out of the windows here at Tykes Towers and cannot quite believe that we are now onto day 3 of sunshine. After rain hail and in some places snow over the last couple of weeks, this has been a lovely surprise.

However  as I am still struggling with the effects of 3X man flu I doubt that I will be getting the full benefit of the sun as I still am wrapped up as I am cold all the time. Yes I am going to look like some jolly odd fish sitting watching Durham Dinosaurs today wrapped up in a blanket whilst Mr Funky is in socks and sandals with a knotted hankie on his head.


Over at the test Swann has been defending Compton  as I am not the only person who has picked up on his lack of form. Swann ( he went for 7 yesterday) says that he will find it, however excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but shouldn't he have already been in top form to be playing on the team? And yes Pauly Paul I know that I am commenting on Compton again, but with fair reason. His place in the Ashes team should not be taken as solid. England closed the 3rd day on 116-1.

So what did I Lady Lainey do yesterday, well apart from NOT doing any housework, I did manage to do some washing and hang it out on the line ( the fact that I have no 'staff' is proving critical at times of illness). I watched the remainder of the series of season 2 of '24'. and then started season 3. Now I am hoping that other who have watched these series will understand when I say that

  1. Kim Bauer never does what her dad tells her to do
  2. Jack Bauer always say 'I'm not going to shoot you' and then does
  3. Everybody says ' Do you trust me' and then turns out to be a dirty agent.
  4. Jack and Kim Bauer are not the best people to be friends with.
Well I will continue watching it before and after I have been to cricket, and to blazes with the housework!!!


Over in Monaco it was apparently an incident packed Gran Prix and Baron Button managed to make up 3 places to come in 6th. There were also threats of 'punching in the face' from Raikkonen regarding Segio Perez. Oh dear the boys appear to have got their knickers in a bit of a twist! Hopefully they will all be best friends by the next stage.

Oh well time for a large cup of coffee and some cold and flu capsules. Hope that  I feel better tomorrow



No comments :