Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 May 2013

Simply beautiful, simply brilliant,





So what is the above? Well as I Lady Lainey is the most supersonic Concorde fanatic in the whole blinking world, when I saw this my heart skipped a beat. It is only a sculpture using the nose cone of the prototype of Concorde.

Now I would love this as I think that it would look super brilliant in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers.
It was designed by Sebastian Conrad ( son of Sir Terence Conran), and is  in my eyes a great piece of art ( not like some dirty woman's unmade bed!). Named Icon, anyone who is interested in seeing this will be able to at Royal Ascot where it will be on display.

Simply beautiful.

Now on to simply brilliant. What a flipping 3 days it has been for my Tykey Vikings. Ballance and Rashid stepped up to the batting podium vacated by Root and Bairstow. Then Jack Brookes and Adil Rashid and Tim Bresnan started to take out the batting line up of Somerset. OMG, I kind of think that Gillespie the Gallant must be smiling!....................until the rain came down and play was called off. Somerset finished on 190-5. Frustrating for my boys to say the least.

Durham were in action against Surrey at the oval, Surrey got into bat but the weather again made it impossible to finish the match and there was no result. Today they are in LV county championship action.
They did however have a worrying time when Ben Stokes was stretchered off on a spinal board. He had taken an 'amazing' catch onlyto land badly and be unable to get up.
Durham CCC tweeted regular updates and luckily there is no major damamge and Ben may even be back today.#taketheweekendoff.

The Lions were in action against New Zealand and once again Hamish Rutherford showed what an amazing cricketing talent he is with an  unbeaten 116 on day 1. They closed on 183-3.

Sad news form the world of sailing, Andrew Simpson a double Olympic medallist dies when the catamaran he was training in capsized. Simpson won gold in Beijing and silver in London. A very sad day for sailing.

I took the Lady Lainey limo to the'Tim'll Fix it' last night as it appeared that I had a bulb out.The Royal hounds were there however they were 'in jail' but I still had beautiful paw print design trousers when I got in the flipping limo to come home!!!

So now I am off on the A1 to super swanky Lady Lainey office, the weather forecast is not great so I guess that I will not be seeing much on Twitter today....................better do some work then.

No comments :