Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 May 2013

It's raining, it's pouring











And I, Lady Lainey am not snoring!!! in fact I have been up for over an hour and have washing done but no where to dry it, because it isn't going to get hung outside that's for flipping sure.

It looked as if rain  might have stopped my Tykes from heading back to Leeds in time for last orders after they had a brilliant day on Thursday.But no!!Adil Rashid hit his 2nd consecutive century to give the Tykes the upper hand and then Yorkshire went in to bowl. They took out the home team for  140 runs with His Royal Ryanness taking three wickets ( as did Bresnan and Patterson) so back home in time for  couple of Babychams  and back in their own beds ( I hope!).
Is this the same Yorkshire that three years ago played like former besty home county of Durham, totally poo ( technical cricket term). Well yes and no. In essence they are the same team, but I think that Gillespie the Gallant has been a great force to drive the team on. They are currently second in the table (after former home county of Middlesex) and I can honestly say that being a Tyke is making me jolly flipping proud.


At the Test New Zealand are looking to be playing reasonable well, although they closed overnight on 153-4 .James Anderson became the fourth bowler to take 300 test wickets. In super swanky Lady Lainey office we had been discussing the England team and decided that Jonny Bairstow looked like the 'love child'of super Homeland actor Damien Lewis. Then at lunchtime we found out that the TMS guest was only the aforementioned man himself. Pretty darn spooky if you ask me!! Or as Job the Jolly said ' obviously gone to see his 'offspring' have a knock'.

Over in Italy poor old Sir Wiggo has had to pull out of the Giro d'Italia, because he is not very well.He only has gone and got a chest infection, the one that Dan Dan cowboy draughtsman has got probably. He is devastated to say the least but is coming home for to pull himself together and to get fit for Le Tour. Which is what Dame Didi is doing.......hark is that the bell on her tricycle I hear????


So what are the mega exciting plans for the weekend?? Well off to do the shopping for the boys lunches, then back home to do super boring housework. I don't know aren't there any housekeeping fairies anymore????

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

here chez nous the housekeeping fairies have not arrived in fact they have not been here for simply ages. I will just have to get on my hands and knees and get this house sorted out myself. Moi aussi have washing to be dried and it is so wet I do not feel like venturing into the garage to put them in the tumble dryer. (Well they would get wet again on the way back). DD