Powered By Blogger

Thursday 30 May 2013

How injured is 'injured'?










You might all be thinking that I have flipped me tiara this morning with a title like that! Well what the Donald Duck is it all about? When is an injury not an injury?  Well apparently when it is your benefit year. The recipient of the Durham benefit year this year, has yet to make an appearance for the squad due to a hamstring injury. Yes I know that this is painful and not good, however it doesn't stop him having a few rounds of golf, and topping up the benefit fund ( and yes raising money for other causes which is good). However apart from the first YB40 match when he was seen at The Riverside with the Sky Team I cannot say that I have seen him at the ground.
Now all folk that trot on down to the Riverside are being  coaxed to put a few shekels in in the pot for the man himself, but I for one will not be as I feel very strongly that if you cannot show your face (apart from popping up on TV) you do not deserve it. I know that his service to the club has been a major factor in previous years to there winning side, but for the last 4/5 seasons he has been permanently injured and rarely making  his mark.
And finally he says that he will continue 'playing' cricket.........................don't make me laugh, he will continue to take his wages more like! Durham sort yourselves out!!!!


They have also extended the contracts of Stoneman and Wood  until 2015 & 2016, lets hope that they clear out some 'deadwood' at the end of this season..................now where to start.

OK rant over for the day, tiara now firmly back in place and on to besty home county of Yorkshire. They finally got to step out of the pavilion at Taunton yesterday and with Lyth making  105 took the score to  341-5 at close of play. His Royal Ryanness is in the squad and waiting his turn to impress I Lady Lainey.
Gillespie the Gallant was in the local paper yesterday say that Rafiq will have to hit the ground running. I think that he is keeping these boys on their toes!.


Andy Flowers the England coach has been commenting on Compton stating that he needs to score runs for Somerset to get into the Ashes team......................

well what can I say he may make runs for Somerset but can he do the same for England ( yes I know Pauly Paul, you think I am too harsh on the lad, but I speak as I find, and I find him lacking!)


Life here at Tykes Towers is actually in a slowed down pace at the moment due to me spending all my evenings with Jack Bauer. To be honest he is a bit of a liability to be around, what with bombs, virus's and more he is not really suitable company for a Lady, but hey its great escapism from the daily grind.

And talking about that I guess I had better set off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and see if I have another email from the Duke of Adeleaide who yesterday nearly made me 'split my sides' with laughing. Yes he is still around but has gone 'deep under cover'. He will be emerging soon.





No comments :