Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 May 2013

Flipping heck, wake me up when it's the weekend!!!




Zut alors!!! how on earth can it be Monday already!!  Oh yes I had spent the weekend in a haze of rain, watching '24', reading cricket scores 'watching '24', doing boring household chores. watching '24', and now it's Monday and I have to go back to super swanky Lady Lainey office and look pretty. It's a hard blinking life.


Whilst I was, baking coffee cake and making super pasta bake for my lunch today, Mr Funky the chauffeur came round in his other guise of Mr Funky the gardener, and mowed the lawns in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers. he asked me if I had been over feeding the deer as the 'Deer Park' was completely wild. Think that I may have to get a goat.......

There were no goats at Chesterfield as my Tykey Vikings took on The Unicorns in YB40 action. His Royal Ryanness took a wicket and made my day, but super Viking Pyrah took three!!! hurrah he looks to be back on form. Patterson and Rashid took the remainder with Rashid showing himself to be a 'real' all rounder'.
Unicorns were 189 -9 after their 40 overs.

Bring on the Vikings, Gale and Pyrah went early on for low scores which probably had his Royal Ryanness donning his pads thinking that he could be in for a knock before he knew it, however Jaques (25) , Ballance (44) Lyth (58), Rashid (32) managed to stop the rot and The Vikings won by 5 wickets.

Woohoo I am super flipping tiara twirling, oranage bouncy curl excited by all that is going on in the Viking camp. They really out to 'maraud'.


Flipping heck it was also the YB40 battle of the former besty  counties, that in the south and that in the north. Durham Dinosaurs travelled down to Southampton to take on Hampshire Royals. Stokes made 87 which was probably just as well and with an impressive total of  241, I bet they were all smiling thinking that they had it in the bag.(seen them  do that quite often)
However Hampshire responded with Carberry 96 and Adams 67 they went on to win by 5 wickets. And are top of the Group b table.


England also won in the Test against New Zealand with Stuart Broad taking 7 wickets in 11 overs to rip them apart, however as regular readers will know, I do not read too much into this as he will be injured soon, mark my words #crocked.
Root has shown in this test that he is competent, confident, and never complacent, which is something which is often 'rife' in the England camp

So lets see what the next test holds.

Well off to wend my way on the A1 to Lady Laineyville.







No comments :