Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 May 2013

cricket Saturday



So its Saturday and I have woken up to a wonderful sunny day............................and a nose that is running like a tap, a headache and a sore throat, courtesy of the 'plague boys' in the office who have now very kindly given me their lurgy in time for the Bank Holiday weekend.

I have been trying to put together the party tea for Mr Funkys birthday bash at the cricket today but ot be honest I feel so poorly that I doubt I will enjoy it or even be able to taste it. So I am dosing myself up with cold and flu capsules and hoping that I feel better soon.

Yesterday was a terrible day with rain lashing down on my orange curls turning me into something out of 'The hair bear Bunch'. Not a pretty sight and to be honest I think that as ill as I feel I really will have to do some work on the birdsnest to look even remotely respectable. The rain also saw the whole of the 2nd test washed out at Headingley with play being abandoned by 4pm, my guess is that most people had wandered off home by then. Here's hoping that today is better.

Durham managed to get some play in and start today on 89-1. So lets hope we have a super day at the cricket.

All systems are 'Go Go Go' at Monaco in readiness for tomorrow, this really is the best Grand Prix of the season , as they race through the streets of the principality. One day Dame Didi and I will get there to watch the race, well she can watch the race and I will be sloshing back pastis..

Well my nose is dripping ( OK too much info) and I really must get on with making coffee and preparing lunch, when all I really want to do is get under my duvet and watch season 2 of '24'.




No comments :