Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 April 2013

The sun is out, the sky is blue.................











there's not a cloud to spoil the view..................but there is a flipping  layer of frost on the car windscreens!!! I can hear people out scraping them as I am typing this!.I have not looked out of the window, well I probably wouldn't be able to see as I haven't been able to get a window cleaner since before Christmas!! What is all that about???


Well very sad news came through yesterday of the death of Mike Denness. I had the pleasure of spending a couple of evenings in company with him when I was a very young lady back in 1996. I was invited to the Test at Edgbaston by my friend and former umpire Allan Jones. ( I even got to meet Ronnie Irani!).  OMG I could write a book about the funny and not so funny things that happened over those two day but........I may share them at some point, but I digress.
Mike, was a funny and wonderful man. He had been awarded an OBE in the New Years Honours list this year.
Our thoughts are with this family at this sad time

Former besty home county of Durham look to be struggling at Edgbaston against Warks, not a great day yesterday for them , close they were 11-1.

So the Tykes were all out on the town for a spot of team building last night ( and coach's birthday I expect). Hopefully they will have shaken off there headaches by Wednesday when they tip up to entertain I Lady Lainey. Not sure if you were aware that Yorkshire are taking on Durham this coming week!!!

Well today in the football it is a tough one.

Birmingham are taking on The Mighty Whites!!! only full time will tell!

The Blades are down in Portsmouth.


F1 news, rumours are rife that Mark Webber is looking to change sportscars, however he has dismissed this and said that he is staying in F1. Shame really as I don't think he has any personality  Unlike Baron button who is sporting a very large tattoo on his shoulder, reports state that it is a shell design. I have seen it and am not so sure.


Well I am about to go and brave the elements this morning and do my 'bit' for charity.

So have a great day.




No comments :