Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Big 300!!





Holy macaroni!! Can you believe that we are now 300 blogs down, 300 blogs about the life of I, Lady Lainey. OMG when I wrote the first one last summer I never for one moment thought that I would still be scribbling down my thoughts 299 blogs later.

We have had tears and tiara throwing tantrums, moving woes. Frog watch and Slugs wars, deceitful 'friends'and of course  ' KNICKERGATE' ( yeah like I will ever forget the sight of his Royal Ryanness in his undies). Drunken nights back home in France, spying on the neighbours! Visit to  Concorde. Pink Hippo and Vomit Bag getting into scrapes ( or maybe that was their mummy's)Football, cycling, F1 and of course CRICKET!!! which apart from my life is what this whole blog is centred around.

So without further ado, lets get down on with the 300th blogday.

Holy flipping moly not only is it the 300th blog it is also the day that I Lady Lainey, don my bestest tiara ( and packing my 'Blades' beanie hat 'just in case') and head off in Lady Lainey limo ( yes I am driving myself ) on the A1 to see my beloved besty home county of Yorkshire take on former besty home county of Durham. To say I am super excited is an understatement and I have charged up the batteries on my new camera ( 26x zoom, so no escaping me). Gillespie the Gallant and the boys will be well photographed ( Oh god I sound like some sad old stalker.........)

He 'tweeted' yesterday that they are looking forward to the challenge, well Dizzy that makes two of us!! ( actually there are more but who cares). Lets just call a spade a spade and say that The Tykes are looking for the chance to completely trample all over Durham !!!! #controversial  #notsportsmanlike #don'tgiveahoot


OMG I am soooo bouncy excited, can hardly eat my breakfast! ( now that's a first!), however I have plenty of  provisions stored to get me through the day. Mr Funky the chauffeur is not making an appearance until tomorrow and then only for an hour or two, as he has to go off to work and earn some pennies.
So with gallons of coffee, home made soup, sandwiches and cake aplenty as well as lots of fruit and yogurt, I think that I am prepared.


Crickety news.........

.........Well former besty home county of Durham are hosting Yorkshire this week ( in case you didn't know) and Geoff Cook is hoping for 'home comfort' against them, Fat chance! COYT and stuff them! ( very technical cricket term).

Other news over in IPL Chris Gayle scored 100 off 30 balls, Twitter was buzzing yesterday (doesn't anyone else work?). This was the quickest century ever in professional cricket. he went on to score an impressive 175 not out. Truly great cricket.

Over in Australia  Brad Haddin has been named Vice Captain of the Ashes team. Good luck mate!


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Who blinking well cares what the weather is like, I am off to Chester Le Street what ever because I know that my Tykes are there.
I kind of know already that it isn't going to be 30c so may as well wrap up and enjoy the day!


On this day April 24th

1905 First class cricket debut of Jack Hobbs

1970 Damien Fleming Australian bowler born

1973 Sachin Tendulker born

2013 Lady Lainey goes to ogle  cheer on Yorkshire at Emirates Durham ICG

Well that's all folks as I  now have to get a wriggle on and twirl my curls and get myself off to The Riverside to see my men in action.

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

 

No comments :