Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 April 2013

Rainy Sunday here at Tyke Towers



Well it as lovely yesterday morning and I was busy doing all the Lady Lainey type things ( cooking see pic above, cleaning, washing and napping!). Then it rained and it hasn't stopped since. It is now blowing a gale and I am going to get back into bed as soon as I have posted this and read my book for an hour.

So lets see what happened yesterday in the cricket.

Sussex managed to get the match at Headingley wrapped up early so that they could get on the road home as soon as possible, ensuring that they all got home in time to watch 'The Voice'. The Tykes failed to make the required 261 to get Sussex in to bat again. it was all over in 30 minutes. Not a great start to the season for my boys, however it is the first match and now that they have that out of the way, it is time for them to get 'marauding' and show their true talent. Big shout out to His Royal Ryanness who batted brilliantly as well as doing what he does best in the bowling.

Over at the Dinosaur graveyard, former besty home county of Durham wrapped up a win as predicted and it  my decision not to go was well founded as I would have only been 'stuck' in Austins bar waiting for Mr funky to pick me up after footy!!!

Onward to the next matches.

Now to the footy

Well new manager seemed to have agreed with the Mighty Whites as they won against Sheffield Wednesday 2-1. jolly well done to the boys.

And the same goes for The Blades who won 2-0. They beat their play off rivals  Swindon under new manager  Chris Morgan. They appeared unaffected by the departure of Danny Wilson. The Blades are still in 5th place and go into their next match with gunning for promotion.

#COYB

Chinese Grand Prix today and LH got pole ( I know where I would like to put that pole!). Baron button is in a disappointing 8th place on the grid. Round up on this tomorrow.

So now as I prepare for another hour in bed reading, today is not going to be about lounging around as I have to put lots of Lady Lainey treasures on ebay to make some pennies to pay for my ticket to Singapore to visit Sir Robert of Solihull ( soon to be Sir Robert of Singapore).

Look  out 'The Raffles hotel' here I come!!!




No comments :