Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 April 2013

Not good yesterday but it's F(ryan)day today





Well what a week it has been actually more like a  week and a half!!!! What with 'knickergate' ( I will never get over the sight of his Royal Ryanness in his undies!). Freezing my 'wotnots' off at Emirates Dinosaur Grave yard ( well something like that....... oh yes Durham ICG). And then having to sit in super swanky Lady Lainey office and watch the updated 'Twitter' feed on the scores as office 'wireless' is totally rubbish and we can't get the cricket commentaries. And that's just the cricket, don't even get me started on 'The Blades'..................

..............so today is F(ryan)day, the day that we indulge in bacon and egg sarnies in aforementioned office, the day that I do even less work and look even prettier in preparation for the up coming weekend, and the day that I am going to get my hair trimmed!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh yes after my 'close shave' (and that is actually nearer to the truth than I care to remember) with 'Sweeny Todd'the demon hairdresser of Coniscliffe Road, back at the end of November. I have had to wait this long to actually have some hair to trim. And with the upcoming nuptials of cousin The Great Gibson in 2 weeks I thought that I had better get tidied up.


Yesterday had its highs and lows for Lady Lainey, we will get to the lows later firstly the highs.

Wensleydale creamery are now following me on 'Twitter' woohoo, I am now part of the 'cheese' gang. And in celebration of this I am going to cook up some of their recipes over the weekend, starting with Tomato and potato pie. Yummy, it says 170g of Wensleydale ( not sure how much that is as I only work in 'old money') so will just chuck loads in. #can't go wrong!!!


Now for the lows

Well Yorkshire are looking to be in a spot of bother ( not a phrase that I ever want to use again on these pages). However Jack Brooke's proved himself on his debut by denying Sussex's Brown and Joyce from making centuries. Brooke's figures stood at  4-76. He was however denied a 5 wicket haul when His Royal Ryanness stepped up to the crease and took out Monty Panesar. now that was a way to finish.
The covers came on and  rain stopped play sadly. Sussex look to have a strong hold but lets see what today holds. And peeping out of the windows here at Tykes Towers I am thinking it will be  catching up with 'Heir Hunters', 'Bargain hunt' and 'Murder she wrote' as it is flipping chucking it down here!

Somerset went into the  day at the 'Dinosaurs Graveyard' with a lot to do and wickets tumbled all over the 'show' and the umpires must have earned their money simply 'putting them back together again'. 18 wickets fell in total yesterday. Durhams Chris Rushworth ( he of 'Pasha the dog') had recorded a career best of  6-58 as they took out Somerset for 132.
however the fightback started and Trego and Thomas ( really does sound like a double act) took 3 wickets a piece leaving Durham 92-8. Today will surely be the last day so I will not have to pack enough to feed an army ( well Mr Funky the chauffeur) tonight and can have a nice lazy day watching rubbish telly tomorrow ( or IPL).


Now for the flipping lowest of lows,


Holy flipping mackerel, I only went to put the 'Donald Ducking' wheelie bin out last night  and got attacked by a freakin' frog ( again). OMG I cannot believe that I am once again going to be a prisoner in my Towers. I am going to have to get Mr Funky to come round and see if he can seriously evict 'IT' or 'THEM'. Mr Funky can now not only be the chauffeur but also 'Frog buster'.

It's OK for Dame Didi she is packing to go home to France where all she has to worry about is 'Hooty' the owl, 'Wobin' ( obviously the Robin), mating pigeons and cats walking over the roof. No blinking frogs. Even the the Easter bunny never made it to her place. ( il est mort sur la route). However she will have to play 'United Nations Charades' with Ludovic the  'plombier'. Now that is a sight to behold!

So with all the nonsense emptied out of my head for another day. I bid you all a 'bon journee' and hope that you have as great a F(ryan)day as I intend to have.

and don't forget to check out  http://www.cornishcricketfestival.co.uk/  to see what is going on when first class cricket heads to the South West.


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Hopefully I won't be seeing the lovely Ludovic this time, and if I do see him I will tell him " chaque matin ce n'est pas confortable pour moi sans eau chaude!" Can you visualise him with his big red box and that grin from ear to ear. Ha ha

DD

Lady Lainey said...

Hey DD

Is that like a crickters box?????

:-)

LL

Lady Lainey said...

errr that should read 'cricketers' god damn typewriter thingmajig!!!