Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Lady Lainey toughens up!




Well its only one day until the biggest event in Lady Lainey's year.........yes the start of the cricket season. The flasks are all clean, the freezer is full to bursting and I am super bouncy (kind of ) happy, ( well the shine had been taken off my life slightly at the weekend). So I have only one more day in super swanky Lady Lainey office until my summer begins.( and it is bound to snow).

Well yesterday when I was not feeling too great at all, I went to do Dame Didi a favour. She asked me to take her watch to have a new battery put in, so off I trotted down to 'Goldsmith' with the said watch. it was especially crowded in there and I was being served by 'the girl' Liz who knows us both very well. After a few set backs getting everything onto the computer for the watch to be sent away. Liz looked up at me and said in a very loud voice 'So where do you get your Botox done, I am thinking of having it done myself'. The whole shop fell silent and everyone turned round to look at me.....................................now firstly let me say

  1. I HAVE NEVER had botox in my life ( why would you inject poison into your face?)
  2. If I had had it, I would ask for a refund as I still have wrinkles!
  3. I am only 21!!! why would I have botox!!!

I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, telling her that I had never had botox when really I wanted to say.....'For the love of god, grow old gracefully!.

needless to say the Dame was less than sympathetic and roared with laughter for a good 5 minutes!

Over in cricket land Michael Clarke is predicting an Australian fight when they come over here in the summer for the Ashes clash. Saying 'our bad tour does not define a squad and I'm confident we can take the fight to England'
Well good for him!. However he has been hospitalised with gastroenteritis so I think he already is having an 'ANUS horribillis'!!!!

So as all county cricketers  ( and fans) get out their beanie hats and thermals for the start for the cricket season. I wish you a wonderful Wednesday and hope that I am feeling a little bit more 'lady lainey'like soon!.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Would you be feeling more ladylike minus the wrinkles! ha ha.

You may need to have a couple of pairs of thermals to keep the googlies warm!

Enjoy your day. DD